New Rag Joint

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ThinLizzy13
United States of America

New Rag Joint

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

I went into Napa yesterday and asked the guy for a rag joint and he looked at me like I was asking for a johnson rod to put in my flux capacitor. After I finally figured out its "proper" name the system said I'd have to get it ordered and it'd end up running me over $50! I told him I'd just order one myself.

The cheapest one I found was on Rock auto for about $17. It's made by Lares which is the same one advance auto carries https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/morein ... cc=1492968

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this one and/or a recommendation for a good quality one?
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
Blackwaterforge

Re: New Rag Joint

Post by Blackwaterforge »

I bought one NOS on e-bay.
$75.00
It has 125000 miles on it now.
If it cain't be fixed with a sledge hammer it must be an electrical problem!
Oregoon

Post by Oregoon »

You really can't say enough for a good, old-school counterman (or counterwoman).

Regardless of gender, the downside of corporate parts-stores is the minimum wage lackeys and the so-called all-knowing computer.

When I still fooled with my old '66 Suburban--which had a 292 inline-six--I invaraibly got 292 Ford stuff given to me. One kid argued that there was no such thing as 292 Chevy. I laughed long and loud, and told him to look up a GM 4.8, and we were off to the races...
Working on a '66 F100 with a '71 240 and the original three-on-the-tree...
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

I am starting to have the opposite happen to me chevy stuff keeps popping up and being told that ford never made a 292/312
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

advance has them,, but like a lot of parts I will pass on them especially your talking about your life and others on the road
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

6166 Junkyard Dog wrote:advance has them,, but like a lot of parts I will pass on them especially your talking about your life and others on the road

Well I can't argue with that logic. Think I'll follow blackwaterforge and find a NOS one.

Oregoon wrote:You really can't say enough for a good, old-school counterman (or counterwoman).

Thats why I usually go to the NAPA near me. Most of their workers are..."well seasoned" :lol:

unibody madness wrote:I am starting to have the opposite happen to me chevy stuff keeps popping up and being told that ford never made a 292/312

When I had my truck with a 352 the guy at the counter was 100% convinced Ford never made a 352 and was trying to tell me that I must've had a chevy 350 in my truck :roll:
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL