Sources for stainless wiper blades

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

66camperspecial

Sources for stainless wiper blades

Post by 66camperspecial »

While I was ordering some parts from LMC I got some wiper blades thinking they would be stainless but when I opened the box they were black like what every parts store around here sells,its not worth the effort to send back but where can I find new stainless wiper blades.
totten
United States of America

Re: Sources for stainless wiper blades

Post by totten »

Ck dennis carpenter for s.s. blades.
1966 f-100 ranger,red and white,240,cruiseomatic,3.00 gear,a/c.
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

i have a nice set and i'll bet others here do as well. i can't help you as far as replacement blades go. i am needing a set as well. i just haven't looked for them yet.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
66camperspecial

Post by 66camperspecial »

I might have to send the ones back from LMC since they are 13 inch and not 15.
Hunter's 64
United States of America

Post by Hunter's 64 »

http://shop.autocraftinvestments.com/in ... =F-17528-3

Here are the replacemant blades. I was thinking you wanted the arms . Sorry

Danny
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

if i'm not mistaken 13" are what came on the slicks. 15" were on the 67-72 trucks.
always

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
greenindian

Post by greenindian »

Buy them from Dennis Carpenter. Perfect OEM replacements.
Hunter's 64
United States of America

Post by Hunter's 64 »

The one from NDP are Dennis Carpenter .

Danny
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

if wanting s/s arms and blades I have only seen 2 companies that has them and are correct,,, I myself can walk up to any truck with these on and tell if they where bought by a company that knows trucks or not so many trucks I see especially at supernationals that are wrong it's like the steering wheels they repo,, Horn Ring does not fit like the arms and blades are not right until we ourself has to make them right and big companies refuse to do it......... :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Astrowing

Post by Astrowing »

What you need are Trico classic blades. Standard Auto Parts and others can order them.
1961 caribbean turquoise flareside 223
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

6166 Junkyard Dog wrote:if wanting s/s arms and blades I have only seen 2 companies that has them and are correct,,, I myself can walk up to any truck with these on and tell if they where bought by a company that knows trucks or not so many trucks I see especially at supernationals that are wrong it's like the steering wheels they repo,, Horn Ring does not fit like the arms and blades are not right until we ourself has to make them right and big companies refuse to do it......... :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

and there are differences between the slick and bump arms. subtle, but there.
always

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

you would be amazed how many trucks I see with 67//79 wiper arms/blades and can be spotted very far away
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

Now I feel like a dumb ass for not knowing. :|
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
cdherman

Post by cdherman »

I am bumping this old thread cause its the last one that seemed appropriate to my question.

I brought my pickup back from western KS where it spend the last 3 years since SS-12. I needed space for kids vehicles and horse trailer etc.... But kids are growing up and horse is gone....

I drove through a helluva Kansas down poor and decided that the rubber on my old wipers needed replacement. Back in 2008 or so I discovered that with a little effort, I could just buy an appropriate rubber refill and carefully remove the rubber and stainless insert from my (I think??) original Trico blade.

So I set out to do this again. I found some 20" inserts with the correct profile, extricated the old stainless "backbone" from my 13" wipers and put it all back together.

Except this time, the locking mechanism that keeps the whole blade assembly together has decided to stop working.

I have fiddled and fadeled and it just gets worse, not better...... Oh the remorse. Those were the originals, as far as I know. Might have been replacements from the 1970s... The "red buttons" from the originals were long gone, but I remember the red button on the original blades, that you had to depress to slip one of the ends out and then you could drop in just the new rubber blade with its stainless back bone (my description, you have a better??)

So I went to Dennis Carpenter -- they show a replacement, but its a "unibody" setup for lack of a better term. Instead of the central "beam" and then two pivots on each end, its just one long piece of stainless. Was that really original?

Maybe my Trico blades are not original, and DC is correct???

LMC shows a setup that looks more right to me. But they think it should be 15" long. My truck has 13"s and I am stickin' by my guns that 13" is original. Least that is what my 51 y/o memory says was on there......

Words of wisdom fellas???

BTW -- I plan to be in Salina come August!!!! I am still here in KC!
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!
69supercj

Post by 69supercj »

Could someone post up a pic of original chrome/stainless wiper arms and the later model '67 and up arms so we can see the dif.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

bumping this up right and remembering somebody complaining about the repo wiper arms,,,, NOW since I found out on this on this past Monday,, the stainless steel wiper arms that are for 61/66 trucks or the 67/79 trucks that are repo DO NOT FIT THE TRUCKS,, will not go over the wiper pivot looks like about 1/16" in diameter off Right now we have 14 of these on the shelf that we have to send back to the MFG. ++ going back at least 2 years,, Has anybody have a problem with these stainless steel wiper arms that come from some of the dealers ??? if so contact that dealer,,, I have to send all we have +++ a sample of the 61/66 + wiper pivot as well as 67/79 wiper pivots
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

just bought a set for my 66 at Napa.. they are their "Vintage" line and were only $9 each...