What have you done to your slick today??

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

bobenhotep
United States of America

Re: What have you done to your slick today??

Post by bobenhotep »

This was yesterday, but I brought home a derelict 61 uni to cut the bed off of and make and argentina split uni.
For every person with a spark of genius, there are a hundred with ignition trouble

My '63 short wrongbed

"The Iron Rhino"
300 I6, 3 spd manual, DS II/ HEI ignition.

Stuff I added to Hints and tricks

-300-6 choke tube repair
-duraspark II/ HEI
-Horn ring contact tube repair
-turn signal indicator fix

Mikhail Kalashnikov and Nikola Tesla are the guys i think of when i build things.

longcabjohn
United States of America

Post by longcabjohn »

This week, new shoes (cooper cobra radial gt p235-70-r15 raised white letter) on 78 model alum bullet hole wheels with black center caps. Uphostery and exhaust from finish and cruise season.

Johnny
If restoring a ford was easy, chevy guys could do it.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

well in the last week at least, I bought a new battery, had her regoed and next week it`s a new cam 8)
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

Ordered the new starter, alternator and headers for mine. Want it all in place so I can finalize my motor mounts. Should start the fun by mid week!

SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
mac
United States of America

Post by mac »

this weekend i got my new '100" inserts installed, got my heat working, redid/hid a lot of wiring under the dash, installed a new body to engine ground cable, washed it and dove the s--t out of it. great weekend.
64 f100 shortbox 292 3spd
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Finally A Nice Weekend With Temp's Above 40. We Got The Tires Put On Connie's Truck And Picked Up The Three White Know Inserts And 1-Knob She Needed. She Installed Those And Did A Great Job. I Finally Picked Up The "Correct" 64' Front Bumper & Cleaned It Up To Take It To My Buddy's Shop & Use His Press To Remove The 2-Small Dents. The Bumper's For My Truck. Spring Is Less Than 1 Month Away!! :) ....
therealjoeshmoe

Post by therealjoeshmoe »

GOT MY COWL DRAINS ALL CLEANED UP AND CLEANED ALL THE EXPANDA FOAM OUT AND PAINTED THEM.. GOT THE REAR END READY TO COME OUT AND GET CLEANED UP AND PAINTED.. ALSO WORKED ON THE UNDERSIDE OF MY HOOD A LITTLE.. I HAVE PICS IN TRUCK BUILD ALBUM..
Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!

Image Image Image Image
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

Wednesday, Stretched the legs a little and aired it out.
Chris
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

Started on my alternator and PS pump mounts for the 390 in my '62 uni. Alt went well with mostly stock stuff, PS pump not so much. We're still not on speaking terms but I will win tomorrow!

SPark
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was

therealjoeshmoe

GOT THE REAR PULLED OUT, STRIPPED THE BACK HALF OF THE FRAME. SPRAYED RUST PRIMER THEN RUSTOLEUM BLACK AND I HAVE PICS IN MY BUILD ALBUM ! LOL

Image Image Image Image
therealjoeshmoe

GOT MY NEW REAR LEAF SPRING AND SHACKLE BUSHINGS AND ORDERED ALL NEW BRAKE LINES, OH AND DECIDED TO SELL MY LOWERING KIT TO A FRIEND.. GOING BACK TO STOCK HEIGHT, I CANT EVEN GET IT IN AND OUT OF MY SHOP WITHOUT DRAGGING THE FRAME...

Image Image Image Image
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

Moved the unibody into the new middle room of my garage so it cold share space with the Maverick. Now both project vehicles share a space. That let me put the '66 where the unibody was. It started right up (hasn't been driven all winter but I do start it occasionally) and I got to drive it 25'. Drove great! Now I can get the new truck inside when we bring it home Thursday night (Dianne's only real requirement of the new truck purchase is a new truck can't sit out and get snowed, rained and hailed on like the last one did. We own a big garage, it had better be parked inside). My garage project is now sorted out. 1 room for running/driving trucks, 1 room for projects, 1 room for hobby stuff. It all worked out plus I got to take a 25' cruise in the '66!

SPark

Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

I wish I HAD 25' available to cruise in! I'm thinking the current prices on trucks and parts may justify another addition, or maybe another building. Really considering additional drive-on lifts; more vehicle storage space, and wouldn't have to clear a path for the scissor-lift or front end loader to reach the high items.
Of course I would be unhappy when needing a lift and having everything double-parked!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Did you take a packed lunch with you Steve? :P
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
simonscr
United States of America

Post by simonscr »

It was sunny and 60 degrees today! Removed the cover off of my 65 outside and fired it up. Been about 3 months since I last started the truck. Took a lot to get it going and a little bit of lawn mower gas! Ran it up to operating temperature. Cleaned out the bed of the truck of all the extra parts, while the cover was off, so I can sell off what I don't need.

I had bought months ago, at a second hand store, a Grant steering wheel with a hub adaptor for $10 and did not know what it fit. Pulled my steering wheel and SCORE, my $10 steering wheel fits!!!

Removed my bent chrome front bumper, off of the wrong year of truck, and installed the correct fitting painted bumper. Amazing how much better the front bumpers look when they have the correct curve to them!
Simon

65 f 100

56 willys m38a1 SOLD ( Have had since high school )
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

Got the uni all covered in fiberglass dust from mounting the fiberglass hood scoop on the fiberglass hood on the Maverick.

Also looked at the little leak from the radiator on the '66 and found a bad petcock in the radiator and my heater valve was leaking, too.

Not much but at least I got to look at them today,
SPark

Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Pulled the pan on the ol' tow truck; everything looks great and factory fresh! Going to Plastigauge everything, but the bearings I've checked appear as new.
I can't believe I've reached the point in life where I can't identify a noise and distinguish the point of origin!
Noise did not change regardless of clutch engagement, so???
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
White97

Post by White97 »

Finally a nice weekend in Pittsburgh 38 and no snow or rain. With the torpeo heater on I got the garage up to 60 and got my addco front sway bar installed. Drilling the DJM beams wasn't as bad as I thought, typical Addco, bar is great, threw out most of the mounting hardware. Now have front and rear sway bars on. Can't dive it yet as no steering column/fenders/bed/doors/seats you know, minor things. Hoping to button those things up over the next couple of weeks so I can get her to paint.
Lou

1965 F100 Short Bed
truckster

Post by truckster »

Give us an update as to how it drives. I'm more curious about just a front sway bar ride but I'd like to hear about a front and rear as well
White97

Post by White97 »

Sure, my best guess is It will go for a shake out spin around Mid May. What I've read here is the front sway bar makes a huge difference. More than testing the sway bar, I'm really looking forward to spinning through the toploader/Hurst 4 speed conversion that went in this winter replacing the column 3 speed. Just waiting on warm weather so I can jamb the fenders/doors before I assemble and test.
Lou

1965 F100 Short Bed