What have you done to your slick today??

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

kelwar

Re: What have you done to your slick today??

Post by kelwar »

Welded the inner fender brackets on my repro rad support for my 66 short box
longcabjohn
United States of America

Post by longcabjohn »

In the last few weeks got an exhaust system, only leaving uphostery, and a good buffing from being finished (only been 7 years, figured 2 when I started, so I am ahead of schedule at less by my thinking of how these things go). Friday got tag and insurance, drive around block, one mile, oil guage to zero, installed old mechanical guage had pressure.
Saturday had to sell poppies ( American Leigon) when to cruise in with Skyliner. Sunday found problem to be switch (sending unit). Will try to get Monday after we have program at Veteran's Memorial Park. Then ride and save for interior. I know this is long but just catching up.

Johnny
If restoring a ford was easy, chevy guys could do it.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Like most days just drive it as a shop truck taking another load of metal to the scrap yard

http://imageshack.com/a/img835/2613/2dfd.jpg
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
White97

Post by White97 »

Installed new Master Cylinder. Modifed trans cross memeber to lower top loader a bit more. Painted interior side of new passenger door, painting interior of new driver door Saturday, then jambing fenders Sunday. Hang it all back on the truck the following week.
Lou

1965 F100 Short Bed
olliesshop
United States of America

Post by olliesshop »

Just lots of waiting for the body/paint shop to get done and pondering about what it will take to get it back on the road once it's back in my garage. So many more parts to order and things to learn.
Tim - 1961 F250 Uni
"Big Red" pictures ... http://olliesshop.smugmug.com/Trucks
Current build thread ... viewtopic.php?f=32&t=29505
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

Once you are at that point its all down hill.. nice new parts and it will come together quick.
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Pulled the 62 f250 4x4 in the shop
3 driveshafts = 9 grease zerks
Leaf springs = 12 grease zerks
Tie rods = 4 grease zerks ........

Then got the 90# weight oil pump out.....
Rear end , transfercase , transmission , front pumpkin , left knuckle , right knuckle .....

Oil & greased the old girl.... That ought to keep her happy for a while
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
therealjoeshmoe

Post by therealjoeshmoe »

well i took last week off so go check my progress out on my build page..
Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!

Image Image Image Image
White97

Post by White97 »

Got both donor doors painted and cleared on the inside and re-hung on the truck. Fenders planned for this weekend.

Still have to transfer tag on drivers door. Didn't someone have a source that would reproduce the tag? My original has been painted over several times.
Lou

1965 F100 Short Bed
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Marti http://www.martiauto.com will reproduce your tag for you and can provide correct rivets.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
bobenhotep
United States of America

Post by bobenhotep »

I got under the truck and started fixing the cab mounts. I have the "hockey pucks" in on the front, now to do the rear.
For every person with a spark of genius, there are a hundred with ignition trouble

My '63 short wrongbed

"The Iron Rhino"
300 I6, 3 spd manual, DS II/ HEI ignition.

Stuff I added to Hints and tricks

-300-6 choke tube repair
-duraspark II/ HEI
-Horn ring contact tube repair
-turn signal indicator fix

Mikhail Kalashnikov and Nikola Tesla are the guys i think of when i build things.

bobenhotep
United States of America

Post by bobenhotep »

I got the rear cab bushings in, and the driver's front also. Now to do the passenger side, and weld some damage under there while I am at it. I have been given "work on truck time" for fathers day, I am going to take advantage of it.

Dan
For every person with a spark of genius, there are a hundred with ignition trouble

My '63 short wrongbed

"The Iron Rhino"

-300-6 choke tube repair
-duraspark II/ HEI

Mikhail Kalashnikov and Nikola Tesla are the guys i think of when i build things.

bobenhotep
United States of America

Post by bobenhotep »

I figured out how to fix a dash knob to look pretty much original after the insert falls out, but make it glow in the dark also. I posted pictures here on truck talk.

Dan

My '63 short wrongbed

"The Iron Rhino"

-300-6 choke tube repair
-duraspark II/ HEI

Mellvis

Post by Mellvis »

slick4x4 wrote:
foodstick wrote:Cut some nails off and stick them in there to replace the lost bearings ;) It'll be FINE ! :P

Uh...... I was in a pinch one time....
Helping a friend replacing a u-joint
In a COLD dirt floor barn
Dropped it and lost a bunch of needle bearings
The old ones were trash
Dug around and found all but two.......
Finally took a finish nail and trimmed it to length
He ran it several years
slick4x4 wrote:
foodstick wrote:Cut some nails off and stick them in there to replace the lost bearings ;) It'll be FINE ! :P

I had a 1968 Triumph Chopper and was running about 75 MPH down the interstate one night. I started feeling something hitting me in the face and chest. The next morning when I checked, I found that the bearings that held the forks into the frame were coming out. Those are pretty important! I went to WalMart, to sporting goods, and bought some BB's (don't worry, no body's eye was put out) and use those for steering head bearings. Worked pretty good.
1965 F100 "Papaw's Pride"

"So I'm working on a cistern inlet valve and the guy hands me a lock nut wrench! I was like 'What is this, a drainpipe slipknot!'" -Flo
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

picked my 300 six and got it to Wally. we will get it assembled and painted this week. maybe if I'm lucky, I will get to set it in this coming weekend.... engine is now .60 over, custom ground cam, new crank kit, all new bearings, new lifters, pistons, rods, re-worked head shaved .20, new oil pump. already had a new water pump, fuel pump, starter and alternator. will sport an offenhauser 4 barrel intake with a Holly carb and split exhaust manifolds off an '86 300 six
Mellvis

Post by Mellvis »

I just fixed the brake line this weekend. Bought rear shock (it didn't have any and would sway a lot on bumps). I got my new driver's side exhaust manifold Thursday. Got it in place just now, but not bolted on all of the way. I still have the heat riser, so I need a gasket between it and the manifold and new exhaust studs. Anyone know off of the top of their head what size the studs are?

I also noticed that my cab has no nuts! ALL of the nuts that hold the cab and core support to the frame are GONE! Gone, like never have been installed! Grandpa drove this truck for YEARS and I've driven it for the past four years on and off. Kind of scary.
1965 F100 "Papaw's Pride"

"So I'm working on a cistern inlet valve and the guy hands me a lock nut wrench! I was like 'What is this, a drainpipe slipknot!'" -Flo
Nathan390
United States of America

Post by Nathan390 »

Repainted the front hood emblem.
Most of the red was gone or faded. So using the wife's nail polish. Yep I'm asking for trouble.. I repainted the V8 emblem, set it out in the sun for a few hours. Then used an exacto knife I removed any of my mistakes and clean up the lines.
Polished the chrome and then layer clear coat over the red paint.

Not the best job, but the chrome was good, weathered but not pitted. A $1 for nail polish is a lot cheaper than $80 replacement that was probably made in china and the chrome will peal with in 3 years.
Nathan Cooper,
1965 slick f100 4*4
1963.5 falcon sprint
1963 falcon squire wagon
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Too darn hot to do much here; I'm going to have to build a small building as a combo paint booth, air conditioned work area!
At least Spot is back on the road sporting a new fuel pump and lines. Made a run down the road, never even got into the secondaries!
Those fresh Edelbrock heads; the Weiand and new Holley are looking mighty tempting just setting there waiting for the shortbed '65 to be ready!
Next week is the inaugural Cruise-in at our newly adopted Quaker Steak and Lube, for a while it looked like my only candidate might be the old tow truck. Now to get Spot's a/c in working condition!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
therealjoeshmoe

Post by therealjoeshmoe »

well did quite a bit this past weekend on my 65. i updated my build pics.. check it out let me know if im doing it right lol :shock:
Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!

Image Image Image Image
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Self-adjuster is backwards!
JK !!!!!!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul