Southeastern Spring Meet (Charlotte auto fair)

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

mercman64
United States of America

Southeastern Spring Meet (Charlotte auto fair)

Post by mercman64 »

Had a great time, the "Uni" won its class (first junior), met Rick @ Carolina classics, saw Tom @ Flashback F100's and bought some great parts from him...(for my next project) drove the uni to the green field to pick them up...they loved to see my truck...The dually ran great once I figured out how to make the trailer brakes work. Every body w/the AACA were very friendly & helpful...real southern hospitality...sooooo many cars and parts..never saw so many hot rods, trucks, collector cars....I'd love to go again.....I have already made hotel reservations for Hershey in the fall...wish me luck on getting a first senior award....Dave...don't bust my chops on the bow tie on my trailer...I'll get those off soon...Image
1964 Mercury Monterey Convertible
1962 F100 unibody LWB BBW "Show Truck"
1966 F100 short box "daily driver"
1963 F100 unibody "project truck"
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T
charliemccraney

Re: Southeastern Spring Meet (Charlotte auto fair)

Post by charliemccraney »

I was there Friday. I saw Tom. I finally made it to the inside just as everybody was leaving. It was my first time there. You have to spend at least 2 days if you're going to see everything.
Lawrenceville, Ga
1961 F100 Unibody
318 Y-block (292 +.070 bore, +.170 stroke), FMS T5-Z w/Mustang 10.5" diaphragm clutch.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Glad to see charliemccraney + all others like needmoretime, castruck and mercman64, and especially that one beautiful uni body, Now I know we have supplied many nice trucks with too many to mention but it's nice we now have 2 that are AACA top pick trucks that we helped, back to the uni It's so very nice in person, and when he came by it's was like a pack of wolves drooling over a piece of meat, instead people drooling over this beautiful truck,, I can't wait till I see the one being built in Canada, like in Mississiagua I believe :hm: :dontknow: , it's a secrete or the one I saw in pics from a small town in Delaware :dontknow: or the so many I have seen in different stages
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
luckystiff
United States of America

Post by luckystiff »

i didn't get to get around as much as usual since i was swappin' out in the red field most of the 3 days i was there. bought some floors and cab mounts for the big window uni from carolina classics. didn't sell much so i came back several hundred dollars poorer.

oh and got sunburn on top of a sunburn on top of a sunburn....

but yeah plan on 2 full days to "kinda" see everything. if you like to dig through junk like i do you'll never see everything.