What's it worth?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Mellvis

What's it worth?

Post by Mellvis »

I might change directions on the old truck so I'm looking for advice. I was going to swap cabs on Grandpa's old Slick, but I can't bring myself to swap out all of "his" old parts to parts he never knew. I know some would feel this is being too sentimental, and maybe it is, but I think I can save the cab fairly easily. In 2005 I drove from Ohio to Georgia for a "mostly rust-free" cab. The cab is nice compared to Ohio parts. It need floor pans because the kid cut the old ones out. The passenger pan has been patched before but NOT a great job. It needs the patches under the bottom door hinges where it meets the rockers. It has a complete wire harness in it. It has all good glass, AND it has a title and data plate for the door with matching VIN. The truck was a short wheelbase 1965 with a 240 six in it.

The big question is what is a fair price? Thanks in advance.
1965 F100 "Papaw's Pride"

"So I'm working on a cistern inlet valve and the guy hands me a lock nut wrench! I was like 'What is this, a drainpipe slipknot!'" -Flo