Clutch flywheel mismatched bolt pattern...300 six.

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

DJ Bill

Clutch flywheel mismatched bolt pattern...300 six.

Post by DJ Bill »

I'm working on my buddies new 66 styleside trying to get it ready for him to go for a ride in when he gets out of rehab...BUT, I have run into a slight issue. The original flywheel out of the truck fits the new clutch he had bought for the 64/66 project that is now halted....However, we already had the flywheel machined for the other truck so I figured we would just use that...Even though the disc from the clutch kit fits fine and is the same size as original, the pressure plate bolt pattern on the machined flywheel is incorrect, it seems to close together on the bolt holes.

Here's the specifics...11 inch or maybe 1/16 less than 11 inch clutch disc.

66 came with 164 tooth flywheel which has C6AE-6380 C cast in it... New clutch fits this flywheel

66/64 project flywheel has 168 teeth, cast in is C5AE 6380 H ... This is the one that already has been to the machine shop for resurfacing and ring gear flip. New clutch does NOT fit, bolt holes are about 1/4 inch too close to each other.

New clutch is the lever style pressure plate.

Any ideas what pressure plate we need to ask for to fit the 66/64 clutch?? The other option is just sending the flywheel to the machine shop and keeping the other one with the 66/64 project when he sells it. (He isn't gonna keep it anymore as he had a bad accident involving this truck that will cause him to be off his feet for a year.)

Thanks guys!