Emblems on my grandsons truck question.

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

64 f100

Emblems on my grandsons truck question.

Post by 64 f100 »

I've been working the fenders for my grandsons truck , so I can get the engine out of my shop and into the truck. I have one fender that I bought a replacement for, but it doesn't have the fender emblem holes. So, I've been working with the two fender with the holes and doing some measuring. What I've found on these two fenders are the two holes at each end are not the same distance from the top of the fender. I have other fenders to check this on but haven't taken the time to do any measuring on those. I would have thought that he emblems would be mounted straight with the top of the fender, but does not appear to be so with the fenders. Anyone else have any input on the mounting of the emblems? I'm sure somewhere there is a service bulletin or information on how to do this from Ford. I just don't have this info.

Rich
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Re: Emblems on my grandsons truck question.

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Rich
the fender emblems are different between 65 and 66 so the holes would not be the same also whether they are straight has nothing to do with it as it is the studs which stick thru the fenders placement that determines whether they are straight after mounting.
i may have some pics of this, i will look and see
in addition the holes on the 65 and 66 big wheel fenders are also different as they use the 63-64 style emblems but they do not have the same pattern as the hood mounted ones used in 63-64.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
64 f100

Re: Emblems on my grandsons truck question.

Post by 64 f100 »

Thanks Ice, Don't remember if the fenders I have are 65 or 6, so that piece of info, may save me some headaches. I have a set of Carpenter emblems I was thinking of using but also have the originals , that I have new plastic for. As is, he got my nice 67 Mustang seats which I had not intended to give him along with my new firewall pad and several other parts I had been hoarding. The cab is coming along slowly but I'm going to have to lift it off the frame again and paint the frame. Should have done it when the cab was off but I didn't. I did notice that one set of holes look to have been slightly elongated. Not certain if this was because of being drilled wrong or some other reason. One thing is for certain, he is going to have a very nice truck when I'm done.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus