64' SWB crossmembers?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Eallen66
United States of America

64' SWB crossmembers?

Post by Eallen66 »

My son's 64 short front bed crossmember is pretty well down to a rust skeloton. I have look at LMC, Macs, google but have not seen any specifically for 64. Will any other years work? Where has anyone been able to find repro or has anyone made there own? I can always weld something up but woukd rather save time if available.

Also planning on putting down wood floor to replace 75% gone metal one. Anybody done it or any crossmmber changes needed?

Thanks a bunch!!!!
Nathan390
United States of America

Re: 64' SWB crossmembers?

Post by Nathan390 »

Try flashback f100s . Com

Without the spaces..
Nathan Cooper,
1965 slick f100 4*4
1963.5 falcon sprint
1963 falcon squire wagon
Eallen66
United States of America

Post by Eallen66 »

Thanks Nathan. Checked flashback100 and Carpenters on web but didnt see any for year. Of course I could be missing it right in front of my face. I Suppose I could call flashback & may know something not on web.
Nathan390
United States of America

Post by Nathan390 »

Give flashback a call.

There's a lot that isnt on the website. Or so I'm told..

Haven't had to buy parts yet. I've been doing the junkyard crawl and finding parts.
found a 65 falcon econoline the other day. It had all the black dash knobs with white inserts.
I picked them.

Interior door handles were the same
window cranks were the same.
I grabbed the padded visors.. they matchednmy headliner and fit my brackets.

I wanted to grab the emergency flasher set up but it was hot and I ran out of time.

I might go back for it Tuesday.

They have a 62 f350 that I want parts off of. Its not in the yard yet.
Nathan Cooper,
1965 slick f100 4*4
1963.5 falcon sprint
1963 falcon squire wagon
Eallen66
United States of America

Post by Eallen66 »

Nice finds, unfortunately I don't have the time to hunt through the yards anymore & my son is still learning what to look for and how to remove stuff. I may try to make some calls this week.
luckystiff
United States of America

Post by luckystiff »

flashback f100 and carolina classics are probably the best 2 suppliers for parts in my opinion. i check them first and then move on accordingly if it's something thats vendor sourced...ken....
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

The front cross members for the styleside beds are not being reproduced to my knowledge. The second cross member on a long bed is the same and can be used. I cut the second cross member and about 4" of the floor out of a long bed to repair the front of my short bed.
Eallen66
United States of America

Post by Eallen66 »

bruceandersson wrote:The front cross members for the styleside beds are not being reproduced to my knowledge. The second cross member on a long bed is the same and can be used. I cut the second cross member and about 4" of the floor out of a long bed to repair the front of my short bed.

Thanks Bruce! That is what I wondered since I saw other years beside 64 available. I also wonder if one of the other members or years were the same so thanks for the insight. May be easier to make an alternative than the effort to hunt down a donor in good condition.