Nice looking Ranger or is it ? on Evil Bay

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Nice looking Ranger or is it ? on Evil Bay

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

saw this on E-Bay # 151373303375,, some high dollars $$$ is being shot at it, But I like to see what the experts think about it ? But look closely I have seen at least 5 items that will knock it down to about 8500.00 or less,, still nice looking ,, very clean nice interior,, 352 overdrive is nice touch
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Re: Nice looking Ranger or is it ? on Evil Bay

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Appears to be a "real Ranger" from the info posted and without the benefit of seeing the Warranty Tag. Like Tom I see a few things that would diminish the value for me from a true "restoration": Dual exhaust, wheel covers (66), bed rails etc. Can't tell if there's a tank cover or not, doesn't appear to have one. And that fender emblem just looks weird to me. Not at all like my 66 Ranger badge (the 100 is at the bottom of the emblem in chrome), but it could be correct. Tried to tell on pics of Michelle's 65 Ranger, but couldn't tell due to the size of the pic.
If the grill is a true NOS grill, that's probably the most rare thing about the truck. As I understand it Ford discontinued the 65 grill and the 66 grill was substituted for the 65 grill as a replacement part.
It is a nice looking, well done truck.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

And our favorite NOS seller, too, eh, Tom?
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Oh Yes Paul,,
Can you tell me if my eyes are going bad But to me it looks like the door molding is not on right and we study the colors and when looking at the front fender and rear of the cab looks the same and the door and bed same color but shades darker ? I blew the pic several times up , if total restoration , then why is the front cab bushing collapsed and wrong tailgate ???,, more I can see but don't want to tell all
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Gritsngumbo wrote:. And that fender emblem just looks weird to me. Not at all like my 66 Ranger badge (the 100 is at the bottom of the emblem in chrome)

65 and 66 fender emblems are different those are correct for the 65
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

It does appear to be a real ranger. The major thing I see is that all the new red parts in the interior are the wrong color. The red used in the ranger was more of a burgundy like the door pockets. The ribbed portion of the seats is not suppose to be smooth vinyl but a patterned vinyl. They used mustang covers, not the Bronco/Ranger. All being said, I think we are nit picking this is a great looking truck. The straightness of the bed floor is stunning.
therealjoeshmoe

Post by therealjoeshmoe »

looks good to me... yeah so he used a newer tailgate.. he still preserved a sweet truck! i wouldn't be ashamed to own it.. you cant expect a truck 50 years old to be perfect in every way.. heck brand new trucks aint perfect.. sometimes i think y'all hardcore originalist out there are a little hard on some folk.. Ive been guilty of it. but sometimes we do the best we can with what we have available. but i understand where your coming from if your gonna say its a factory correct resto it should at least have the right parts on it.. but i must say that truck is super clean!
Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!

Image Image Image Image
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Oh yes I agree nice looking truck,, and that's why I say you need to look beyond all that prettiness /shiny paint Right now it's at 15,000 and not met reserve and not to offend anybody but when spending this amount of money for a truck it better be right and this is by far not right for that much money
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

I see the same things you saw, Tom! I fully expect that if reserve is met, whatever it may be, it will end up being a no-sale due to "buyer's remorse"!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

The way I look at it,, I work just as hard as everybody else does for money and I do a whole lot of looking at trucks and every body should do there homework first,, But I listen at shows the horror stories of bad trucks bought, body shops putting the screws on somebody trying to build a truck even if it's a daily driver,, parts being sold for what they really are not so that's why sometimes I bring this up at times,, Just came back from Carlisle, a 65 there for 4800, overdrive truck but the bed was shot person selling it says easy fix yeah if want to patch and pass it on to the next sucker,, 2 other trucks one was a 66,, 5800 said on window clean southern truck, I guess he washed it since the bed as well shot , Roof shot and the other 67-72 also said that on the window, front fenders falling off from cancer and that was also 4800,, C'mon I know some on a budget, but after you start in a budget with a rust bucket or something somebody hid with a shiny paint in no time you will get disappointed on it and that leaves a bad taste in your mouth.. some trucks take years to build so just keep your chin held up high and you will get there and beware of the ones looking for fast $$$$
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Joe,
This is not your typical reseller. This guy knows the trucks probably more than the majority of us! Thus, to me that comes with the responsibility to accurately describe the truck. In a sight-unseen transaction, that veracity is extremely important. The truck may well be as described; we are simply pointing out items of concern based on previous experience. It appears to be a very nice truck! As a potential buyer under these circumstances, would you prefer to hear, " It's a very nice truck", or an experienced opinion of " There may be some under-lying concerns there"?
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
graybeard
United States of America

Post by graybeard »

That truck is on it's way to OKLA I hope all the critics are wrong. Having known this fellow a while I'd guess he sold his pride and joy '66 short wide 25 years ago. He just decided it was time to get back in. It's doubtful it was his intent to see if he could show this truck at the Pebble Beach Concours! He'll drive that truck to events, it's not likely to be a garage queen. This guy will make the truck right, the duals will stay I'd bet, no I hope! At a big show earlier this year a nuts on restoration got very little attention while the restifications had crowds around them all day. Glad I kept my opinions to myself.
If you can't run with the big dogs "STAY UNDER THE PORCH" !!!!!