FE Exhaust Manifold Gaskets

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

FE Exhaust Manifold Gaskets

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Today I Tried these new gaskets on our 390, installed one on the drivers side to see how it works,, These gaskets I saw@ Ford Carlisle,, look nice here is the kicker, they are 50.00 each WOW , Called No Blow Exhaust Gaskets,, I will have some pics in day or 2, My :?: is anybody ever hear of such a thing :?: , I was told they will stink real bad for awhile,, my pass side is good but where the pipe goes in leaks a little, will have to live with that for few days, while under grease front end and driveshaft , So Far no leak on drivers side
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Pack Rat
United States of America

Re: FE Exhaust Manifold Gaskets

Post by Pack Rat »

I machine the exhaust surface of the head and manifold. No gaskets just axle grease. No leaks. Done this for 30 years
1966 F100 240 3speed
1968 F250 Camper Special 390 C6 with 70 Sells slide in camper
1964 Galaxie hard top. 390 dual quads
1962 Falcon soon to have 428 4 speed and straight axle.
69supercj

Post by 69supercj »

What Pack rat says. My SCJ doesn't use gaskets either.
Mr. Jones

Post by Mr. Jones »

Napa sells a"Nitro-Seal"gasket,been on my 352 for years.Half that $50.00 price,couldn't keep a white one on for ten minutes befor it blew out.
Dan
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

6166 Junkyard Dog wrote:Today I Tried these new gaskets on our 390, installed one on the drivers side to see how it works,, These gaskets I saw@ Ford Carlisle,, look nice here is the kicker, they are 50.00 each WOW , Called No Blow Exhaust Gaskets,, I will have some pics in day or 2, My :?: is anybody ever hear of such a thing :?: , I was told they will stink real bad for awhile,, my pass side is good but where the pipe goes in leaks a little, will have to live with that for few days, while under grease front end and driveshaft , So Far no leak on drivers side
I don't have any experience with them either but if you have pitting I would recommend some Wurth exhaust paste or equivalent. Apply on un machined surface as good measure. Its a habit I picked up early on, if any customers had problems they weren't the repeats.
Chris