Import and Customs

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Dakota Kids

Import and Customs

Post by Dakota Kids »

Hey Guys its been awhile seems like I have had no home time in the past year. Ty and I are still chipping away at the 69 we were both pretty disappointed we couldn't make Slick Stock. But for some strange reason it kind of builds a fire under you to work on the Trucks again. I wish had been on before Slick Stock to offer a place to stop along the way. But I hope everyone knows if I am posting or not my door is always open. I have a Question I hope someone can answer. This is getting me back me back in the saddle. Has anyone brought a Slick down from Canada. I am considering buying a 61 but I get conflicting stories from the Government. Imagine that. Customs tells me if it doesn't have the original engine it is not allowed in the States. But there is a clause that states if a vehicle is 25 years old it may be exempt. I am confused the State of North Dakota says all I need is a Declaration saying what port it came thru and the Canadian Bill of sale. I hate to get to the port and find out I bought a truck I can't bring into the states. If anyone can help maybe I can further my stalled project. Thanks Guys, Craig
If you ask me anything I don’t know, I’m not going to answer.
Yogi Berra
Dakota Kids

Re: Import and Customs

Post by Dakota Kids »

Well headed to The Great White North wish me luck. I may come home with a Merc....
Yogi Berra
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

I dunno if this is what they were thinking of, but is the vehicle is 25+ years old it is not required for it to meet any of the US emissions laws.
I can only imagine how much of a PITA this could be with the DMV/customs. Hope it works out for you. Lookin forward to see what follows you home!
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

Can't help you on that end Craig. Best to let Dean know where the Merc uni is and he will be happy to assist :twisted:
Mark

Dakota Kids

Post by Dakota Kids »

Went and looked at today we couldn't meet on a price this one could give you some competiton Mark. The Drive Train is solid but it is a rust bucket. It came from your neck of the woods I believe a FTE Guy had it.[url][/url]http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gallery/displayalbum.php?albumid=33473[url][/url]
Yogi Berra
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

Hmmm, that actually looks like MY neck of the woods... :twisted:

I think I may have seen that listed a time or two.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Dakota Kids

Post by Dakota Kids »

It is in Estevan now so that's my neck of the woods :mrgreen: . It has one Hell of a Power Plant I would still love to have it didn't sound like it was to much of a problem getting it down here. Tell me why these things get under your skin. I'm crunching the numbers or trying to see if it will save some money or not. By the time a guy buys everything you need to put the drivetrain together it might be cheaper to use one someone else has put together. If it is solid. I'm cheap cause I have to be.
Yogi Berra