Finally doing some driving!

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

arkangel1

Finally doing some driving!

Post by arkangel1 »

My 64 has been in the garage an awful lot lately, but getting much needed work done. I finally finished the disc brake conversion, and replaced everything on the rear drums as well. My buddy cut out the rot in the floors and replaced both pans, floor supports, and fabbed in fresh metal where needed. I took the opportunity to insulate the cab with EZ Cool, lay down some carpet, and finally replace some leaky gaskets on the NP-435. She also got new plugs, wires, cap/rotor, and flamethrower coil; she fires quick and runs like a dream!

When she starts, of course. I'm having problems with the second start of the day. I thought the starter was getting heat soaked, so I put one of those starter insulating wraps around it...no dice. I'm holding out for the charging system to be the issue. I've already got a SI10 ready to go, just need the brackets, and a fresh charge on the battery. Hopefully I can get a few (lots) of miles before the snow flies and she's banished to the garage again.

I've uploaded some pics of the new work in my gallery