New wiring harness for the '66

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

69supercj

New wiring harness for the '66

Post by 69supercj »

Okay I'm contemplating putting in a new complete wiring harness from headlights to tailights and would like to have a few option upgrades for future use. Not looking to add power windows, locks or cruise but would like A/C for sure. I'm thinking that a 14 or 21 circuit would be plenty. I'm using a stock column and have an electric fuel pump. I'd like to find one with FORD connectors if I could. How many of you guys have upgraded to an aftermarket harness? Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
douglloyd

Re: New wiring harness for the '66

Post by douglloyd »

I'm not aware of a harness that has the correct connectors.

I used one of the basic Painless kits a while back on my stock longbed '66. It was nice having labelled wires, but I probably paid too much for this. I think there are lots more choices now and prices are more realistic.

Save your old connectors when you pull your harness. Members of this discussion board have been and continue to be great support. Post your questions as you go, and you will have no problems with their assistance.

Doug in east TN
William-in-St George

Post by William-in-St George »

I used a cheap 12 wire setup I bought off ebay from welder joe. Worked like a charm. Wish I'd bought several. Invest in some weatherpack connectors and a good set of crimpers and you can rewire anything. Learn about Bosch relays to handle big loads and you will be a happy camper. IMHO!
William-in-St. George
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

X2 on the Weatherpack. I have also purchased wiring "harnesses" from Welder Joe; I like the labeled wiring, and there was plenty to meet all needs. With the Weatherpacks, you have the closest thing to a lifetime harness, with easy separation at the connectors if needed in the future. Works for NASCAR, works for marine apps, works for me!
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul