Door seals

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

rw66f100
United States of America

Door seals

Post by rw66f100 »

Got the doors back on my 66 and wouldn't you know it, the doors won't shut because of the new door seals (not from DC). I have ordered and received a new set from Dennis Carpenter. Haven't put them on yet. Hope this fixes the problem.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Re: Door seals

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

carpenters are the only ones that work correctly
i threw out a cheap set once too. :cussing:
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
rw66f100
United States of America

Post by rw66f100 »

Got the new door seals installed and they shut great. Just need to get the back glass and windshield in and the cab will be air tight again.

I have to get a new windshield. Anyone have advice on where to get one. Would like to get one that fits right without any problems.
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Don't where you're located; but Deep Ellum Glass in Dallas sells a quality windshield for just over $100. They make the major Texas swap meets, and I believe they will also ship. I know they have a Houston pick-up location; they may have others.
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
69supercj

Post by 69supercj »

I was just gonna recommend Deep Elum glass in Dallas. They were at the big swap meet here in Springfield last month and had new windshields for 110 bucks. Should've bought one then. Guess I'll wait for next year.
rw66f100
United States of America

Post by rw66f100 »

I'm in the Oklahoma City area. I found a local glass company to do it but they are telling me not to use the seal with chrome trim because they don't seal good. Anyone ever had any problems with them leaking? I would like to keep the chrome on if I can.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

rw66f100 wrote:I'm in the Oklahoma City area. I found a local glass company to do it but they are telling me not to use the seal with chrome trim because they don't seal good. Anyone ever had any problems with them leaking? I would like to keep the chrome on if I can.

its BS
they just dont want to mess with the trim and willing to bet they do very few windshields with rubber seals as most or all car\truck windshields going back over 20 years are the glue in type

i have done many windshields myself including reusing the old seal and have never had an issue.

i would be sure to buy a USA made seal from www.flashbackf100s.com (its the carpenter seal but i would rather deal with Tom @ flashback)
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
rw66f100
United States of America

Post by rw66f100 »

Can you put the chrome in after the window is installed?
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Yes, but not very easily, and the possibility of damage goes up immensely.
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

rw66f100 wrote:Can you put the chrome in after the window is installed?

Toyz wrote:Yes, but not very easily, and the possibility of damage goes up immensely.

something i would definitely not attempt and i am not one to shy away from doing stuff on the trucks
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
rw66f100
United States of America

Post by rw66f100 »

Put the windshield in myself today. Glass company wouldn't install with chrome trim. To my surprise it wasn't that difficult. Gotta put the back glass in tomorrow and the cab will be water tight (hopefully) with all new rubber and seals.