Oil Pressure Issue

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Re: Oil Pressure Issue

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

Update on this....I ran the truck with some marvel mystery oil for about 800 miles with 10w30. Drained it and put in rotella 15w40 and the pressure is much better now. It does dip from 40psi to around 15-20psi still on right hand turns but I haven't completely lost oil pressure. This winter when the truck is in hibernation I plan on dropping the pan to see if the screen is crooked. Then I'll prolly go back to a stock oil pump.
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
BarnieTrk

Re: Oil Pressure Issue

Post by BarnieTrk »

It must have been 100 years ago, I had a oil pressure issue in my '63 223 6-cylinder. I figured it was sludged up.

One day when I had returned from somewhere (engine was warm) I dumped a quart of diesel fuel (#2 fuel oi) into the engine. I ran it for about 5 minutes at various rpm levels, then drained the motor oil and changed the oil filter. MAN, did I get a lot of crap outta that engine!

But once I refilled it with new motor oil and filter, within 10 minutes it ran belching blue smoke!

My dad told me that by adding the diesel fuel, I had cut all the sludge out and having removed it, I now had opened up the rings, valve guides, etc. and now oil was getting into the combustion chamber. After that, I had to pull out the #5 sparkplug about every 6 days and clean it because it would get so caked with burnt oil that it would not fire any longer..... ahhhhh, the bad old days of youth.......

BarnieTrk