Done a little paint work on the '66

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

69supercj

Done a little paint work on the '66

Post by 69supercj »

Having gotten a bit tired of the flat black look, plus it was getting thin and needed to be reshot, I decided to put a coat or three of real paint on the ol girl. The original color was red so I figured I'd go back with that but I didn't want to invest a lot of money on a professional paint job which is in the 5-8 grand range nowadays. I'd been kicking around the idea of a "shop truck" type of repaint so I decided to go with it. Headed to the farm and home store and bought a gallon of Van Sickle Ford Red tractor paint along with some gray and white primer then on to Lowes for some paint rollers. I'd visited with a friend who'd rolled his on and it was suprising as to how well it looked. Anyway, gave the old girl a bath and wiped it down with degreaser and started rolling on some red and a little gray and white primer here and there. I've not totally decided on the finished product, its come down to either a "Texaco" branded shop truck or a Fire Dept. themed shop truck and since I'm retiring the 21st. of October after over 30 years in the fire service, the fire dept. theme might get the nod. These first pics are of the truck after I got the red on but before I started doing the reveal. Well I was gonna add pics but I get this message of "Sorry board attachment quota has been reached" WTH is that all about anyway.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Re: Done a little paint work on the '66

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

69supercj wrote:Well I was gonna add pics but I get this message of "Sorry board attachment quota has been reached" WTH is that all about anyway.

best way to get pics in the post is to link them from photobucket

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=13739

also i just uploaded a pic to my forum gallery with no problems so im not sure why the error message appears but i think it has something to do with the "upload attachment" in the post window
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
69supercj

Post by 69supercj »

Okay I uploaded the pics to my album. Is there a way to get those pics from my gallery to this thread?
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

69supercj wrote:Okay I uploaded the pics to my album. Is there a way to get those pics from my gallery to this thread?

yes
use the Img tags above the post window

open your gallery in a separate tab or window, select the pic you want, click on it, then click again to enlarge to full sise then right click and select "view image info"

copy that then paste between the Img tags [img]xxxxxx[/img]

1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
69supercj

Post by 69supercj »

Screw it, I've tried till I'm blue in the face and it aint working. Why cant you just click on add image and then browse your computer, double click the photo and then click add or upload image? You know, like most other websites are.
mercuryv8
Canada

Post by mercuryv8 »

Please don't give up.

We want to see the truck.

Nic
69supercj

Post by 69supercj »

Okay I opened my gallery in a seperate window, found the pic I wanted but when I clicked on it the second time, its asking me if I want to save or save as. If I right click I dont get the "view image info" option. Please make this process easier for those of us who are computer challenged. PLEASE!!!! I do get several options and copy is one of them but if I click it and go back to the other window, I dont get the pic to follow. Its not giving me a paste option, and I've tried right and left clicking after clicking copy and still nothing. Sooooo frustrating.
Hunter's 64
United States of America

Post by Hunter's 64 »

you can click the album tab and see the pictures

nice job

Danny
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

nice work on the paint, i have pasted your pics into the post.
pretty sure you are no more computer challenged than me , took me a while at first to get the hang of it as well but we have been on this site since 2006 and i have put up lots of pics and its not hard.

if the above procedure does not work you can also copy the line from the details under the pic
"image bb code" (top line with the "album" tags) and past that into the post window
and you get this

which if you click on will open up the full sise pic in your gallery

maybe that will be easier
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

Very nice job! Looks awesome. And I can relate on the pictures, not sure what's different here but all the forums I'm in seem simple to post pictures but I struggle bad here too and have pretty much given up due to the complexity of it.
Cory

1962 F100 SWB Unibody, 223
1931 Ford 5 window coupe
1968 GT/California Special Mustang, 289
Complete 61 LWB Unibody parts truck with 292 Y Block
69supercj

Post by 69supercj »

Thanks Ice and thanks to the rest for the compliments. I must admit it was a little daunting to start sanding off the shiney red paint but I really do like the look of the "distressed shop truck" theme and I've decided that its going to get a Fire Department theme as well. Going to paint a gold with white trim Maltese Cross on the doors, probably about 19 inches square and letter it up with Springfield MO Fire Dept. and then maybe add "Chief 1" to the cowl area between the hood and the door and distress these and also add an old single red rotater on top of the cab if I can figure out how to power it up without drilling a hole in the top for the wires. Figure I could mount it with a really strong magnet. I've got some old firefighting boots, an old helmet and some tools that I thought I could display in the bed also.