Slick value by YOM

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Mellvis

Re: Slick value by YOM

Post by Mellvis »

Just to clarify:

I hope I didn't sound as if I would be willing to scrap my truck for $600 - $700. What I was trying to point out is that it would be worth about that as scrap iron. There is no reasonable way I would actually do it! Sorry if it came out wrong.

I do agree that the XL would be quite valuable to all of us, but in a regular market would such a beast be very sought after? Would be be marketed as a truck or a performance machine? If I had the money to buy one expensive "toy" vehicle, it would likely be a small vehicle with a back seat and a big engine, not a pick up truck. Other than collector's markets, I don't think it would do well.
1965 F100 "Papaw's Pride"

"So I'm working on a cistern inlet valve and the guy hands me a lock nut wrench! I was like 'What is this, a drainpipe slipknot!'" -Flo
Toyz
United States of America

Re: Slick value by YOM

Post by Toyz »

Not sure we are talking "regular" market regarding ~ 50 year old vehicles. Market is market, whether Craigslist or Barrett- Jackson. It is what someone is willing (and able) to pay. In the case of Bill's one and only, word is that Ford Motor Company made a very significant offer!
As to scrap value, I wouldn't consider it even for my "shells". In my absence, my wife might, however :cussing:
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul