newbie here in pelion sc.

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

bigmcgiv

newbie here in pelion sc.

Post by bigmcgiv »

well i have owned many ford trucks never one from the 60's i have had several late 70s early 80s and on 56. im orignally from norteast pa. where most are rotted and gone to truck heaven. [ rest in peace] well i moved to the columbia sc about 16 months ago. i always like the mid to late 60s look. so i travel to columbia daily for work. and been wanting a project since i sold everything off for the move here. well on my daily drive next to a barn under a carport sits a bahama blue 66 f100 stepside all in orignal patina.we i stop by and met the owner tony and talked about the truck it a 240ci 3 on the tree that was converted to the floor.well i got a price out of him even though he was reluctant. 1500 buckit ran about a year ago and was needing the carb rebuilt and never go too it. the carb is off with a red rag in the intake. and he point out alot of thing he did and his brother but due to his age and ill health. he doent have it in him. so i plan to get it shotly. so my plan is to d a rat rod shop truck. i work for a mack dealer.low budget also etting the truck to be a spare car. there is a member here ilike his truck alot. viewtopic.php?f=32&t=22360&start=80
jkimbrel65
United States of America

Re: newbie here in pelion sc.

Post by jkimbrel65 »

:welcome: from Al.

Mike
I tried being normal once...
was the worst 10 minutes of my life
bigmcgiv

Post by bigmcgiv »

hello down there. hey if this doesnt work out with tony. im still looking. if you got something please let me know. thanks
luckystiff
United States of America

Post by luckystiff »

welcome from a bit up the road in hickory,nc.

i need to get back on my rusty 62 big window uni with jaguar suspension but time just ain't there right now. working in charlotte means i leave at 6:30 and usually get home at 6:30 and beat.

theres a few of us in a coupla hours area of one another as i know theres a coupla guys in the charlotte area also.
bigmcgiv

Post by bigmcgiv »

cool im hoping to take something to steel in motion come spring time.
cwindsor

Post by cwindsor »

Hello from Aiken SC!
bigmcgiv

Post by bigmcgiv »

hello