new radio anyone?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

therealjoeshmoe

new radio anyone?

Post by therealjoeshmoe »

saw this on ebay.. kinda pricey but very cooL!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RetroSound-3-Hu ... a7&vxp=mtr
Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!

Image Image Image Image
Jerry D
United States of America

Re: new radio anyone?

Post by Jerry D »

I've been watching those, and waiting for one to come up on auction from a private seller. I'd thought about having an fm conversion done to my am radio, but the one you linked to on Ebay seems like a better route. Hope to have one in my truck by next SS.
therealjoeshmoe

Post by therealjoeshmoe »

lot of money for a radio, i can get all the same options in a regular pioneer for $60 lol

just not the look
Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!

Image Image Image Image
Michael Bryce Winnick

Post by Michael Bryce Winnick »

I had Gary Tayman do my radio for $400.00. NOS appearance on the outside, modern guts and satellite on the inside. My 69 Marauder rocks with Sirius.
BlueGhost

Post by BlueGhost »

I really like the idea behind the retrosound radio. I thought about getting one for our ranchero, but saw a lot of complaints when I looked into them. Seemed like there were lots of returns and things that never worked quite right about them.
SBC is a defunct phone company, not an engine option.
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

They've been mentioned on here several times lately, then yesterday I saw an add in latest issue of Hot Rod magazine....went to their webpage, they are based in Henderson, NV, which is right outside of Vegas:) So, gamble with your electronics purchase?? lol

BlueGhost wrote:I really like the idea behind the retrosound radio. I thought about getting one for our ranchero, but saw a lot of complaints when I looked into them. Seemed like there were lots of returns and things that never worked quite right about them.
BlueGhost

Post by BlueGhost »

Here's some discussion I found on the Retro Sound Model Two, I'm sure its the same internally as the one they sell for our trucks.
http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general/3275579-retrosound-model-2-radio.html

Lots of complaints about having to send the radio back after it quit working.

It's expensive at $300 to $350 most places. I wouldn't even mind the price for what it does and how it fits and looks, but I have no confidence in the brand after seeing all the failure reports.
SBC is a defunct phone company, not an engine option.
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

It's seems there aren't too many brands that hold up anymore. I went the custom auto junk route in the mustang, got 2 years before it quit just like everyone said I would.
None of these are 'cheap' either