LMC vinyl seat cover

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

64 f100

LMC vinyl seat cover

Post by 64 f100 »

Bought a seat cover from LMC in blue vinyl and installed it yesterday. My advice to anyone is to stay away from their vinyl seat covers. Had a hard time getting it to fit. This is a fitall for 57 to 66 that doesn't fit well. Got it on, but many problems, mostly from it not being made to fit right. The material is very hard , and does not stretch well . In addition, the cut is wrong and pouches in spots and pulls to tight in other spots. Causing the material to rip where the hog rings are installed. If you have one of these covers, I would suggest laying it in the hot sun for several hours before trying to install .

Rich
64f100sixcylinder

Re: LMC vinyl seat cover

Post by 64f100sixcylinder »

Did you buy the stock style or the less expensive pleated style? I bought the stock style from LMC and paid a local auto upholstery shop to install mine. I am very happy with the fit and finish of the cover, the upholstery shop added new foam and did a great job on the install, although it cost me $400. I thought the price was fair considering that I wouldv'e spent a few days learning how to do it, and I'm sure the end result would not have been as nice. The upholsterer also said that the LMC cover was constructed well and that it wouldv'e cost me more to pay him to build one from scratch.
64 f100

Re: LMC vinyl seat cover

Post by 64 f100 »

I bought the cheaper style, as I liked it better. As to upholstery, my mother had a shop and I helped her quite often, and this is not the first seat I have done. The cover is on, but I am not happy with how hard it was to do. No extra padding was added, or I would never have gotten it on. As is, I had to use thin plastic to even be able to force it over the seat. When mother quit the business, I was to get her equipment for the work I had done, but I sold it and gave her the money instead, as it took up to much room in my shop. If, I had kept the sewing machine, I would be making my own.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus