Spindles

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

troymn
United States of America

Spindles

Post by troymn »

Hi Guys. I just picked up a 69 f250 camper special parts truck with power steering and disk brakes. My plan is to swap out the steering and 2 speed wiper motor with my 65 f 100. My question is will the spindles work if I would get 5 lug rotors? Are there any other parts I should consider swapping also that are better? Thanks again, I can't tell you how much this site has helped me through the years!
William-in-St George

Re: Spindles

Post by William-in-St George »

Good score! You will need to harvest the PS pump, brackets and hoses. Hopefully the engine is similar to the one in the 66?. The steering column and brake booster and MC along with the proportioning valve will work. Some of the steel brake lines may be salvaged and used as a pattern. The spindles will not swap so you will need to locate a set of F100 disks and calipers. Pretty much a remove and replace deal. IMHO.
William-in-St. George
troymn
United States of America

Post by troymn »

Thanks will!
troymn
United States of America

Post by troymn »

Anyone have any other suggestions for other parts that I could use off of it, that would be an update to my 65? Thanks again!
oldford65
United States of America

Post by oldford65 »

Does it have sway bars? If it does you can put them on yours. I have a 1974 camper special that im using as a doner. The sway bar it has is the bar between the radius arms.
troymn
United States of America

Post by troymn »

Good call! I will have to check. Thank you!