Photoshoot at the original dealership

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

theastronaut

Photoshoot at the original dealership

Post by theastronaut »

The local newspaper is featuring the '66 we restored and the owner wanted to have the pictures taken in front of the dealership it was bought new at. Anyone else have pictures of the dealership your truck was bought new at?

foodstick

Re: Photoshoot at the original dealership

Post by foodstick »

Holey cow, I wonder how many even know where it was bought. I THINK I know which old gas station my Dads 66 was bought used from.. but even that is not definite.
skidoorulz
United States of America

Post by skidoorulz »

I do but it is a bank processing center now. The bank bought it and remodeled the building, but it is the original building. The dealership was Love Motor Company in Miles City Montana. Where Gus McCrae had his leg cut off and later died in Lonesome Dove. :)
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

i know where my 64 rambler came from and one of the slicks i used to have came from here http://billbrownford.net/
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

No, but once mine is running (whenever that may be) I do intend to take a road trip back to the spot from which I originally purchased it and re-enact the photo seen to the left. ;)

I actually have no idea where mine was originally purchased when it was new though. Might have to do some digging. The town where the original owner lived is pretty much equidistant from both Saskatoon and Regina so I suppose it could have been purchased in either place. If it was Saskatoon I would imagine the original building would be long gone.
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

I remember Googling the Ford Truck plant in San Jose once where my Slick was built. I think it's a mall now. :|
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416