New rubber/vinyl floor covering needed

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

69supercj

New rubber/vinyl floor covering needed

Post by 69supercj »

Did a search and couldn't find much. Who makes the best fitting and most durable floor covering out there? I've looked at the one sold by Macs and it seems nice but requires a bit of trimming to fit well which I'm fine with. Its made of vinyl and they say that vinyl is better then rubber. Seen some others that are made of rubber and reading the reviews they require very little if any trimming to fit but they are made of rubber. Just wondering which is better, rubber or vinyl.
Toyz
United States of America

Re: New rubber/vinyl floor covering needed

Post by Toyz »

For longevity, vinyl would be my preference. For originality, the rubber is usually thicker, but highly susceptable to cracking from the elements over time. This may vary by manufacture, however.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
Nick 66

Re: New rubber/vinyl floor covering needed

Post by Nick 66 »

i put a vinyl mat from macs in my truck, and it is quite nice. it is thick and durable, but your right about it needing a lot of trimming. it was easy to put in, all i needed was a heat gun just to push the corners in by the transmission hump. But it was the only one that i could find that went from both door sills and from the firewall to under the gas tank.