Thank you.

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Oregoon

Thank you.

Post by Oregoon »

I'm moving on, after battling my '66 for the last 12 months. After two engines, an HEI upgrade, a new carb, and lot of wrenching, I got that ol' girl purring like a lap-cat... With a bad wrist-pin.

At the end of my budget and in dire need of a daily-driver, I was offered an extremely fair sum for my truck, and I let it go with complete honesty.

And after weeks of scouring CL for trucks, I came up with a '74 with a three-on-the tree, 90K original miles, a perfect intrerior, the original build sheet, full documentation, factory paint, and a 250-cid--because it's a GMC.

It runs perfectly, and it's a beauty. No smog, full records, near-perfect compression, and a rust spot the size of a quarter. For $1900.

Just wanted to take a second to thank everyone here for their support. This board is truly an amazing place, and I learned a ton from all of you.

Thanks again, and I'll still be lurking a bit.

I'm far from a brand loyalist: I love a six cylinder domestic truck. Always will.

Be well, and thank you again!
Working on a '66 F100 with a '71 240 and the original three-on-the-tree...
Leeroy
Australia

Re: Thank you.

Post by Leeroy »

Its a shame you had to let it go, but you gotta do what you gotta do. And there will always be another slick, particularly over your side of the world!
Don't worry about the 250 being a GMC, we have plenty of FORD 250 sixes down our way to make up for it! :lol:
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

Oregoon , Glad you did ok on your Slick... hopefully its in your blood and when things are better you can start another one for a second vehicle ;)
Oregoon

Post by Oregoon »

Thanks, guys!

My love for domestic pickup trucks with straight-sixes knows no bounds.

Eventually, I'd like a Ford, Chevy, and Dodge. Maybe a Jeep J-Truck, too.
Oregoon

Post by Oregoon »

Leeroy wrote:Its a shame you had to let it go, but you gotta do what you gotta do. And there will always be another slick, particularly over your side of the world!
Don't worry about the 250 being a GMC, we have plenty of FORD 250 sixes down our way to make up for it! :lol:

That is a great looking inliner!
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Ya sure that's a 250, Dave? :twisted: I like the old square bodies; built many of them. Best of luck to you, and stay in touch!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

Certainly will miss you around here. keep your eyes open for another slick up your way, I see them all the time being advertised. Keep in touch and post your prose.
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!