Wiper switch options??

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jecsd1

Wiper switch options??

Post by jecsd1 »

I'm looking for a replacement switch for my 63. One speed wipers. I'm not really interested in upgrading to two speed. Just want a new switch. I can't find one anywhere. Anyone have any ideas?
William-in-St George

Re: Wiper switch options??

Post by William-in-St George »

Post over on FTE and wait till Number Dummy posts a PN# for the switch and then use the PN# to search. I have switched both of my trucks to the intermittent Ford setup and that solved the problem. The newer switches are available at NAPA.
William-in-St. George
jecsd1

Post by jecsd1 »

Thanks. I'll give that a shot.

What all was involved in the swap to intermittent wipers?
William-in-St George

Post by William-in-St George »

Actually not a lot. You will need a switch with the intermittent feature, a controller (I forget what Ford calls this little black box with a harness) and a later model two speed wiper motor and applicable harnesses. You should be able to get these from a junkyard or off ebay. The switch stalk gets shortened a bit and then you install your original knob and bezel. This swap looks totally stock. Turn the knob left for intermittent and to the right for two speed wipers. You will need the arm off the original motor so don't toss it. This is a plug and play deal except for shortening the switch stalk so your knob fits. I put a sheet under the dash to catch those small wiper arm clips (you will drop one) and they are difficult to replace. Post back we can help. http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-70-71-72-91- ... 9b&vxp=mtr
William-in-St. George