Brake line fitting help needed

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

rderr

Brake line fitting help needed

Post by rderr »

I replaced my brake lines with pre-bent stainless lines. I threw away the old lines as I took the truck apart for repainting. Now as I put it back together (a year later) the fitting on the end of the brake line fits in the jelly jar master cylinder however, the brake line moves in and out freely even thought the fitting is tight. Is there a fitting that I threw away by accident that goes into the MS cyl before I attach the brake line fitting? Wish I had pictures.

Thanks,
Rick
William-in-St George

Re: Brake line fitting help needed

Post by William-in-St George »

Yup! You are missing a brass fitting with a copper washer that screws into the MC, then the line attaches. Are you using a hydraulic stop light switch or have you rigged up a mechanical switch? Dahns law says never toss any old part or gasket until the truck is back on the road for at least six months. But you know that now. :oops:
William-in-St. George
charliemccraney

Post by charliemccraney »

A good parts store will probably have the fitting.
Lawrenceville, Ga
1961 F100 Unibody
318 Y-block (292 +.070 bore, +.170 stroke), FMS T5-Z w/Mustang 10.5" diaphragm clutch.
rderr

Post by rderr »

Thanks guys. Found an old time auto parts store locally and plan to pick the fitting up today. I just love going to the old stores where some stuff needs the dust knocked off to see what it is. Usually better quality stuff as well.