Nightmares

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

64 f100

Re: Nightmares

Post by 64 f100 »

Always someone out there trying to get over. I've got a few titles to trucks I've personally sent to the scrap yards. Don't know why I keep these but just can't seem to be able to throw anything away. I'm against changing frame numbers which is illegal and can be found out. Used to be, that the scrap yard I used did not require titles, but the law came in and stopped that. Now if I take in a whole truck , I have to have a title, which can be a problem in some instances. I have one truck in particular , that when I bought it in Colorado had a tittle that was signed in the wrong place. I gave it back to the guy I bought it from and he was supposed to get it straightened out and send it to me. Never happened. I will have to cut the frame up in several small pieces when it comes time to get rid of it. Was used on a ranch to haul wood, but title was never put into sellers name as it was never licensed. It was intended to be a parts truck when I bought it. Although, in Illinois you have to have a tittle even to a parts truck. I need to finish taking it apart and get rid of it. All of the regulations and requirements that are now in effect, have put a lot of small mom and pop salvage yards out of business in Illinois. The Chinese have also been instrumental in the process by making scrap more valuable than keeping the old stuff to sell parts off of. A lot of good stuff has gone to the crusher. One other thing the scrap prices have done is raise the value of all of these trucks.

Rich
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

Not sue about other states, but a lost title is simple to recover in Ohio. Go to the DMV with the serial number and have them print the lost title. You might need a power of attorney from the seller if he can't get there to apply. Then have him sign it over.
Speedjester

Post by Speedjester »

There used to be companies( titles unlimited to name one) that could fix your title problems...quick And legal as long as you weren't cleaning a title..
1966 F100 ,2wd , 4spd