Wire clean up ideas?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Jacobs63

Wire clean up ideas?

Post by Jacobs63 »

My wife just ordered me a rebel 9+3 universal wiring harness for my slick. I'm pumped to get to work on it when it comes but in the mean time I'm trying to think of ways to clean up the wires in the engine bay. I hate the look of that plastic cover crap and I'm not to big of a fan of electrical tape. So what did you guys do to hide or clean up the open wires that run through the engine bay? Pics would be awesome. Thanks, Jacob
Shadow

Re: Wire clean up ideas?

Post by Shadow »

Get Yourself A Heat Gun & Some Shrink-Tubing. You Can Buy It By The Foot On Ebay And Have The Larger Sizes & Colors Available.............
bobenhotep
United States of America

Post by bobenhotep »

One thing you can do if you don't mind having a delco alternator is do what I did here. the wires are bundled together and run along the bottom of the fender. There is no external regulator or regulator harness.

I like to use 4 inch zip ties every 6 to 8 inches. You can also use shrink tubing. If you want to hide the wire harnesses run them along the bottoms of the fenders or along the top of the firewall.

One of my wiring suppliers is delcity.net. If you plan on doing serious wiring stuff check out their site.

Dan
For every person with a spark of genius, there are a hundred with ignition trouble

My '63 short wrongbed

"The Iron Rhino"
300 I6, 3 spd manual, DS II/ HEI ignition.

Stuff I added to Hints and tricks

-300-6 choke tube repair
-duraspark II/ HEI
-Horn ring contact tube repair
-turn signal indicator fix

Mikhail Kalashnikov and Nikola Tesla are the guys i think of when i build things.

William-in-St George

Post by William-in-St George »

Engine management thru a small hole just above the bell housing. Others hidden in a 3/4 piece of electrical conduit running from a small hole drilled where the inner fender bolts to the fire wall then under the inner fender out to the core support. 65/66 inner fenders have a nice space for this conduit trick. You can also hide most of the business end of the harness in front of the battery mounted to the core support. Like relays for the horn and headlights. Trigger the relays with small 22 gauge wires from the switches and hide the wire under the inner fenders.
William-in-St. George