Patina sounds great doesn't it.

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

64 f100

Patina sounds great doesn't it.

Post by 64 f100 »

When did patina replace rust bucket in our language. This is the same kind of thing that has made our country go down hill. Buzz words that sound good but have no real substance in reality. Raise the flag and chant " if you don't believe as I do your a traitor and un American". Safety, wrap your children in bubble wrap until their 75 so they can't learn from their mistakes, and give them a false sense of what safety is. Child safety seats, and seat belts. I raised my children without these things , that was what my right arm was for. Reach over and stop them from hitting the dash. Of course law mandated dash pads be installed for this, then seat belts for redundancy, so we then had a double wammy on new car costs. Sorry guys, all this comes under the heading of some rust easily fixed, then why didn't you do it, dumbass. Sorry guys, sometimes I get to frothing at the mouth, Growl, snarl , spit, rant, bite, stomp, moan and groan, Bah humshit.

UH! Merry Christmas to one and all.
Rich
unibody madness
United States of America

Re: Patina sounds great doesn't it.

Post by unibody madness »

Thoroughly enjoyed the rant.
Along with your list, I'd like to ad folks that decided they want dealership money grubbing prices, for junk yard dregs that are not even cleaned! witness Y-block parts that can be had from reputable sellers for 1/4 to 1/2 the price, selling for OEM original packaging parts on almost all the usual places.
Mummert sells an aluminum ad on crank pulley for 149.00, there is a used one listed on e-pay for 205.00. That's over 1/3 higher for a used part
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Rich went and looked at a 1971 and first words how much its worth on the patina look, truck was told to us 600.00, went by it was changed to 2500 because of the patina look and what I rust bucket, bed trashed, inner fenders rusted out doors aye out but he was selling if that much for the patina look,, just another con or saying a rust bucket for sale...
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

"Patina" should be used to describe intact paint that's naturally weathered and worn from years of use. Excessive surface rust and perforation crosses the line into rustbucket.

Nothing wrong with a rustbucket either, but charging a premium for them is ridiculous. If that's now a thing then I'm sitting on a goldmine. :)
deadheadno1

Post by deadheadno1 »

How come this rusty hull is worth $2500 if I'm looking at it but if I'm trying to sell it I can't get scrap iron price out of it?????..... :?: :? :shock: :( :!: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
Tom :mrgreen: :cheers:
"Make him a "deal" deal, maybe the guy's a republican!"
deadheadno1

Post by deadheadno1 »

Oh, and tags, you do not want to know what I think of Oklahoma's current tag and penalty fees for stuff that has sat in the weeds for the last ten years. :cussing: _headdesk__by_Warpedmind125.gif bang.gif cuss.gif riot.gif grrsign.gif
Tom :mrgreen:
"Make him a "deal" deal, maybe the guy's a republican!"
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Here is one of those Patina Trucks,, sorry it's not worth much and with that much RUST, In some states would not pass inspection cause of the Patina, :oops: meant to say RUST, and would not even try to drive, but will fix for 30,000 dream on But of course after you buy another front clip, Cab, Bed etc.. then pay somebody to do it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F-100-Spor ... ars_Trucks

and here is another one that looks like Termites holding hands

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F-100-Camp ... ars_Trucks

This next truck is a lot better looking from what I see,,, But not at that price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F-100-Cust ... ars_Trucks
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Rich here is another fine example of Patina and thats driving up prices on JUNK,,, LOOOOK Especially on the underside of the Cab,, I guess people want to pay for JUNK Just to be on TV :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: Meant to say fine Patina :lol: :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291331174942?ru ... 26_rdc%3D1
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Guess it goes to show , there's one born every minute. I enjoy watching that show for about 5 minutes before I can't stand it any more. I would call him a buffoon, but he's making the big bucks and I'm not.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Myself, I can't wait for this "patina" and "rat rod" phase to end. You are not alone Rich. What ever happened to craftsmanship and talent ????

I don't know what the next fad will be, but it can't be worse.....................can it?

Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

If, I could figure out the next fad, then I might be the next buffoon . I wouldn't mind being that rich guy buying those 1/2 million dollar cars at Barrett Jackson.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
F164

Post by F164 »

Im thinking about buying a rusty F100 for $1000.

Photochopping it in front of a Gas Monkey garage sign and putting it on ebay for a $5,000 BIN price, give Ass Monkey a 10% franchise fee and pocketing the rest.
truckster

Post by truckster »

Patina is just that...patina. Some people can't afford or don't want a 'shiny' car. What's wrong with that?

In line with causing the country to go down hill, huh? a few seem to have lost touch with the spirit of what this site is about. Not tearing down what you might call a 'fad' when in fact cars with unfinished or non existent paint jobs have been around forever. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean the country is going to pot. Build your how you like it and let others build how they like it
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Have nothing against vehicles that are not shiny or several different colors of body panels or that look of the Patina, But what I am against and your missing the point that is these idiots saying Patina and they are nothing but rust buckets and some states they will not even pass inspection,, few months ago went to look at a truck, owner started that Patina :bs: , I walked away, 2 weeks ago the new owner called us, wanted to me to see what was the problem with steering gear box,, This "POS" Was so bad it was shearing the bolts off the gear box trying to hold the cab up But all I can think of was the owner and his Patina words and here now is a truck he has to fix or junk so saying Patina is one way that these people are using to scam people of hard earned dollars to sell rust buckets ,,, maybe some here might see that I am knocking a truck down,, I speak my opinion cause I am in the world everyday and see so many times dreams get ruined and I cannot sugar coat something that I know is unsafe, or a deep money pit,, I like all others here work for the money we can spend and just gets to me when taken advantage of whether it's Patina, a truck that was misleading by owner saying how rare when it's just a run of the mill of truck or a $ 20,000 truck and every short cut and even some short cuts not visible to the average person I can point out, See we get calls several times a week of many scams, trucks not right and I feel I should speak up.... My Mercury is not shiny by far It's a shop truck used as a shop truck I have had it for several years But before I bought it I checked it out to be sure it was a true Mercury cause I have seen so many Fakes,, can go on and on but I said my :2cents:
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

oh NO, not the PC %#$^.

that is what Rich may be referring to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
64 litl un

Post by 64 litl un »

I'll bite :argue:

Simply put. It's the buyers responsibility.

These trucks at the newest are 49 years old. 50 year old vehicles rust. If one wants to fix repair or just own a truck like ours it's up to that individual to research and to anticipate what needs to be repaired. If your hood is not rusted around the emblem or the cab mounts are not collapsing, likely they soon will be. It's just what these trucks do. It may take another 50 years but all will eventually require some type of repair in those ares unless it's stored in some type of climate controlled vault.

As far as the county going down hill, well it's always the other guys fault ain't it.

It cannot be my fault for buying a piece of junk, it has to be the seller correct? The disappointment over the purchase of said truck has caused a relapse of my severe depression. It brings back the nightmare memories of when I had to wear Wranglers when all the cool kids were in Levis. Only if my father cared enough to nurture me and buy me those 501 Blues. If he had I may not be driving the rusty wreck I am now. Oh, I'm such a victim!
OK wheres my check?

That's what wrong with the country.
I can drive it home with one headlight.
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Ok Truckster, you can have the rustiest truck you want, and no one will hold it against you. However, we may not stand next to it as we don't like rusty parts falling on us. Anyone that has seen me at slickstock, knows I don't drive shiny vehicles as a general rule. Might run like a bat out of hell, but not all that much eye appeal. Sometime in the past patina meant an original paint job that was worn through in places and maybe a spot or two of rust showing. Somehow this has been turned into a sales pitch for trucks where your feet are hanging out the bottom of the cab, or what we used to call a beater. Don't get me wrong, beaters are fine, I don't want to beat around in a full restoration. One reason I haven't finished my 64 in 15 years. First time some idiot leans on my old truck and scrapes the paint with his belt buckle , I am going to be intense. I like these old trucks rusty or not, what I don't like are rusty old trucks sporting prices of good trucks. Seems as if every rust bucket out there is now priced above 3K, and would cost that much to get it to where it was worth 3K. What is odd, is that instead of fixing the body first and really increasing the value, they invest in the engine which is really the cheapest part to fix. Of course after they have replaced the fuel pump and fixed the brakes etc., then the body work and other things that really increase it's value are an easy fix, according to the seller. He's already done the hard part, right? No one is dissing your truck , I don't care if you have patina. I don't even care if you have rust. I will celebrate our trucks with you. However please don't say old school to me. I know I'm old and I know I went to school back in the dark ages, but somehow that phrase has started rubbing a sore spot on my nerves. :)

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

64 Litl Un ,
Personal responsibility, is what your referring to. See anyone in the government taking any? How about the poor guy driving a thousand miles to buy a truck, to find a pile of crap. No harm right? As far as your check is concerned , it's in the mail.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
shortwide

Post by shortwide »

I like to think my 66 shows what the original meaning of "patina" was before the ratrod fad hit. It has 95% of the original paint present in good shape with a few worn spots showing the primer.

Don

'66 Styleside Shortbed, I6, Original Paint Survivor
'54 Ford Mainline Tudor, 302/AOD, disc brakes

'54 Ford Club of America
http://www.1954Ford.com
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Looks great Don! :clap: Very neat