New to the site with parts question

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ohmthis
United States of America

New to the site with parts question

Post by ohmthis »

Hi all, I'm new here, but have been reading for quite awhile. I have a 66 shortbed that will be a project.I did a google search adding slick 60s to it and didn't find what I wanted. I need some sheetmetal parts and was curious as to who has the best fitting sheetmetal. I'm not sure of all that I need right now besides floors an one rocker. Thanks and as soon as I start my build I will post it up with pictures.
slick4x4
United States of America

Re: New to the site with parts question

Post by slick4x4 »

:welcome: f R o m
K A N S A S

you have came to the right place :D

Have you tried LMC ?
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
ohmthis
United States of America

Post by ohmthis »

Thanks for the welcome! I have LMC and macs catalogs, just not sure of the quality and fit of their parts. Floor pans will be covered and I'm not too worried about those. But I don't want to have to work on the parts a bunch to get them to fit. This isn't my first project, but it will be the most metal work I've faced.
29rpu

Post by 29rpu »

Well come from Arizona. I have never needed to replacement sheet metal. But the rest of my parts I need I get from the truck Shop in Orange Ca. I don't know their fitment but I like all the rest of the parts over LMC.

Here's a link to their catalog

http://www.truckandcarshop.com/4886.html
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

We have several people that sell parts that belong to this forum. Junkyard Dog (Tom) ,Rick at Carolina Classics, and several others. In addition, Dennis Carpenter makes the best rubber pieces for our trucks that I know of. Stay away from LMC door seals. Don't remember what their name is now, used to be Obsolete Ford parts in Oklahoma . They make a lot of the front end sheet metal at what I consider decent prices. Understand they make a core support that is advertised as being for 65 and 66, but truthfully, it is really a 65, 66 is different. A few have said they had some problems with the 61 to 64 core support. I can name several other more obscure dealers that have been around for a long time if needed, but truthfully there are few who actually make the sheet metal pieces. I have several issues to address on several trucks along the same lines as you. Dennis Carpenter has the inside line on getting Fords approval to reproduce parts. I have a list in my mind of go to dealers for parts and who I trust. I consider LMC a second class supplier for parts as I do several others. They makes some decent stuff on some things, not all. Depending on what is needed I go to certain dealers for certain parts. I will state that Carpenter has some very nice cab mount pieces, although I have not installed those yet and these are from later production style supports. Should work fine. It's a shame we don't have more information on quality and fitment for the repo parts, how long these last under normal everyday conditions, such as our trucks faced all their lives. Then again, if the replacement parts last as long as the original, we will all be pushing up daisies by the time this info is available.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
ohmthis
United States of America

Post by ohmthis »

Rich, thanks for the help!!! From my research LMC's rubber parts were crap. Thanks for throwing out the reminder of good used parts. I need a tail gait and I think this will be my best route. I'll look at the other vendors and ask if I have any more questions
rw66f100
United States of America

Post by rw66f100 »

I use obsolete/classis auto in OK City quite a bit. I live 30 miles from their store so I just pick up parts at the store and don't have to pay shipping. They just don't always have everything I need. I had problems with their door seals and had to order from Dennis Carpenter anyway. All the other parts I got from them have worked fine. In fact, some of the parts I bought there were from DC. Haven't had any problems with LMC either and their shipping if very fast. I received one order In just 2 days. Good Luck
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

you might want to try this guy... I have dealt with him on a couple occasions and he is a great guy. oh ya, and he is a member... Tom has a Slick merc and also sells excellent used parts when he can get them... give Tom a shout when you know what you need.. http://flashbackf100s.com/

Welcome to the affliction from West Virginia!!!
ohmthis
United States of America

Post by ohmthis »

Thanks again everyone!!! I have looked at flashbackf100 and think that is a definent option.
Anthony, I have one thing to say "GO HERD" I graduated from Marshall in 1996. I really miss Huntington. I need to fix my profile I live north east of Louisville.
JRANGER

Post by JRANGER »

Ive been happy with Carolina Classics and Dennis Carpenter stuff so far.
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Thats cool.. born and raised here, moved around a while with Hecks retail stores then had my first child so we came home and grew roots.. was just through Louisville on our way to Slickstock.. stopped and chatted with Rickairmedic... if you ever make it this way, give me a yell...