NICE N-Series on E-Bay that sold reasonable

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

NICE N-Series on E-Bay that sold reasonable

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Not often but once awhile a nice truck that has a lot work done does go through E-Bay at a great price, down fault is not ever body is in to the bigger trucks but think how cool it would be to stretch the frame truck with a 20' sleeper to haul your cool 61/66 slick 4x4 crew < Chris > or rat truck

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Ford-N750- ... true&rt=nc
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
slick4x4
United States of America

Re: NICE N-Series on E-Bay that sold reasonable

Post by slick4x4 »

Wow !
That was a definite bargain....
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Well, it might have been a bargain, but what would you use it for? I for one have little to no use for it. Lot of money spent but I don't think my wife would want to bop around town in it. Not sure I would. I feel certain it rides just as it looks.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Not everybody has a use for the bigger trucks
But as a farmer, that rig would fit my operation quite well
I run 60s - 70s -80s machinery
A 16 ft grain box with a hoist a perfect fit for the N truck
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
66camperspecial
United States of America

Post by 66camperspecial »

I wish I would have seen that.
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

Did anyone notice it had a single pot master cylinder on it.
I would think it would have better than that being it is a 68.
Nice looking N series though. TR
F7BIGJOB
Location: West Greenwich, Rhode Island & Providence Plantations
United States of America

Post by F7BIGJOB »

64 f100 wrote:Well, it might have been a bargain, but what would you use it for? I for one have little to no use for it. Lot of money spent but I don't think my wife would want to bop around town in it. Not sure I would. I feel certain it rides just as it looks.

Rich

I am a whack job that would use it as a DD, waiting to sell my tanker truck, there is one in New York state that is priced good and is in great shape, drove a 52 Ford snub nose for over 2 years as a DD about 40+ miles a day round trip, right now looking at about 16 per day, and this truck used everyday except when I use my 65 [on nice days] should outlast any new one [my 2003 F250 is rotting to the ground] I tell my wife I can buy a big one for far less than new and I'd be happy driving that around... :peepwall:
F7BIGJOB
-Steve

1965 F-250 4x4 Flareside

ImageImage
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Several years ago, I had 67 window van , which was nothing but a box on wheels. It had the extended rear which I called a bustle butt. I used it to haul parts to Charlotte , Carlisle and many other swap meets. Was a real kick to drive. You set in front of the front wheels and going around a corner was a trip especially the first time. Kinda like riding a roller coaster. Anytime I had someone in it with me for the first time, I would have a little fun buy running up behind a car or truck until nearly on their bumper before stopping. I'm sure there are dents in the floorboard of the passenger side from people bracing for the impact. I actually enjoyed driving the thing even though it would never occurred to me that I might, until I owned one. Called her BessyJune and really sorry to have gotten rid of her. She broke the oil pump shaft on a trip to the pate swap meet and once I replaced it, I traded it off for the great pumpkin. A yellow colored 81 van with a 300 six. Around Halloween, I took a magic marker and made stripes on the outside so it looked like it had ribs of a pumpkin . Wrote great pumpkin on it and would watch the kids in other cars as I went by to see their and their parents reaction as I went by. Every seat has a butt that fits it , and that truck was definitely a steal for what had been done to it. Just don't see my but fitting that seat, got no need. Then until I needed it, I had no use for BessyJune either, and nor desire to own one. I had a hard enough time explain why I bought a fire truck to my wife, let alone that N.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

64 f100 wrote:Several years ago, I had 67 window van , which was nothing but a box on wheels. It had the extended rear which I called a bustle butt. I used it to haul parts to Charlotte , Carlisle and many other swap meets. Was a real kick to drive. You set in front of the front wheels and going around a corner was a trip especially the first time. Kinda like riding a roller coaster. Anytime I had someone in it with me for the first time, I would have a little fun buy running up behind a car or truck until nearly on their bumper before stopping. I'm sure there are dents in the floorboard of the passenger side from people bracing for the impact. I actually enjoyed driving the thing even though it would never occurred to me that I might, until I owned one. Called her BessyJune and really sorry to have gotten rid of her. She broke the oil pump shaft on a trip to the pate swap meet and once I replaced it, I traded it off for the great pumpkin. A yellow colored 81 van with a 300 six. Around Halloween, I took a magic marker and made stripes on the outside so it looked like it had ribs of a pumpkin . Wrote great pumpkin on it and would watch the kids in other cars as I went by to see their and their parents reaction as I went by. Every seat has a butt that fits it , and that truck was definitely a steal for what had been done to it. Just don't see my but fitting that seat, got no need. Then until I needed it, I had no use for BessyJune either, and nor desire to own one. I had a hard enough time explain why I bought a fire truck to my wife, let alone that N.

Rich

Pretty much the same reaction around my house. " you might want to consider one with a sleeper!" Not sure what she meant by that!
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
bird55
United States of America

Post by bird55 »

That was definitely a good buy. But as said if you need one?
Also another unfortunate testament to a good deal of money and time invested that he had to sell due to unfortunate circumstances.
66camperspecial
United States of America

Post by 66camperspecial »

I have visions on a N series with a 5th wheel pulling a 3 car trailer,powered by a twin turbo 7.3 diesel and 5 speed along with a two speed rear and that one would have worked just fine.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

I would drive it as far as 5th wheel or hitch to pull our trailer with a flat bed to haul more stuff,, run the gas engine till it goes,, First have to see what kind of gear ratio on the rear to see what to make it highway speed with still some pulling power,, all the bigger trucks still had single bowl master cylinders, some had the booster with it on the firewall as others under the floorboard.... I have several 7.3 power strokes here but wiring is a issue,, easier choice is Cummins with 5 speed
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

We don't have any of those here so I have to ask..... Where's the engine?!?! It looks tiny for that engine bay!

What size is it likely to be?
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

I would think a 390 but most likely that size a 391
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS