hei for 240?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

rooster91
United States of America

hei for 240?

Post by rooster91 »

can anyone point me in the right direction for a hei distributor for my 240? my distributor froze up so i have to replace it dont really mind the points but i would rather just run the one hot wire to the distributor and be done with it
If it wears make up or has wheels and a motor i want to play with it!
bobenhotep
United States of America

Re: hei for 240?

Post by bobenhotep »

They sell them on sites like summit racing. They seem to all be between 300-400 bucks.

Dan
For every person with a spark of genius, there are a hundred with ignition trouble

My '63 short wrongbed

"The Iron Rhino"
300 I6, 3 spd manual, DS II/ HEI ignition.

Stuff I added to Hints and tricks

-300-6 choke tube repair
-duraspark II/ HEI
-Horn ring contact tube repair
-turn signal indicator fix

Mikhail Kalashnikov and Nikola Tesla are the guys i think of when i build things.

Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Pertronix on a rebuilt OEM is much more economical, and pretty easy hookup. If you really don't mind points, you can always drop in a replacement, then consider a Pertronix later. I am not familiar with the HEI dist; my concerns, beyond cost, would be whether it used a standard cap with remote coil as the six cylinder GM's , or if it had the cap mounted coil with a cap which might prove to be made of unobtainium in future years.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
rooster91
United States of America

Post by rooster91 »

Thanks for the info! got another points distributor for now got it firing so im good to go for the time being.
If it wears make up or has wheels and a motor i want to play with it!