A question about seat compatability

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

William-in-St George

Re: A question about seat compatability

Post by William-in-St George »

Firstly, I enjoyed reading your post. Assuming this seat is indeed in a Ford truck from 70's or 80's it will likely fit with minor modification of the sliders. There may be an issue with the seat hitting the arm rests when you lean it forward. You can remove the arm rest on the coyote side or open her door first. New seats use foam biscuits which fail after a while. The old seats used springs. Save your old seat regardless of condition. The springs can be repaired and the seat recovered and last another 50 years. As far as the staining on the new seat, hopefully the blood has not soaked into the foam. The seat cover can be carefully removed and dry cleaned and reinstalled. The foam biscuit costs about 300 bucks aftermarket. IMHO!
William-in-St. George
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

I shoved some fancy foam padding in my old seat and threw a stylish blanket over it. It did simply bolt right in. Now that I can drive my old "patina'd" smoking truck around the neighborhood I get all sorts of looks. Must be from my new slick looking seat! It could work for you too 8)

P.S. After spoiling myself I did start to have ideas about installing a radio, speakers, a moonroof, a clock, a voice controlled gps system or maybe even A/C. It's a slippery slope!
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
69supercj

Post by 69supercj »

You might try a later model Ranger or S-10 seat.
Roger Carter
United States of America

Post by Roger Carter »

I know for a fact that F-series seats through the mid 1990's will fit our trucks.

The truck in my avatar has a seat from a '94 F-150 in it. The '66 tracks (sliders) fastened to the '94 seat with minimal trouble and the whole assembly bolted into my '66 using the factory mounting points. As an aside, the truck retains it's in cab fuel tank and there is no interference between the seat and the tank.

As I remember, the '94 seat had studs welded to the seat frame and the '66 tracks had nuts welded to the tracks. I drilled out the threaded holes in the nuts to allow the studs from the seat fit through. I put nuts on the studs to secure the tracks and that was the extent of any modifications.
Hope this helps.
Roger Carter
66camperspecial

Post by 66camperspecial »

I put a mint 69 seat in my 66,just used the original tracks and it went right in.
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

If that "titty" emblem is supposed to be Triton; yes, it would take some effort to fit that seat. As others have stated, there is a good selection of the previous generation to the Tritons around the yards, and a seat from a "Lariat" trimmed model would be nearly as fancy as the one you described.
One thru eight: odd numbers (not including the odd smiley :twisted: ), NO!
Even numbers, YES!
#9, which, when played backwards is "turn me on dead, man" according to some musicologists; YES AND NO, because you COULD get presidential party in Hawaii extravagant, and purchase a seat with BUILT-IN A/C!!! :roll:
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
mercuryv8
Canada

Post by mercuryv8 »

Could I through mini van second or third row seat idea out there? They look pretty close... but looks may not be everything.

Nic
CraigM

Post by CraigM »

According to this tech article, Ford truck seats fit up until '96 with little modifications. http://www.fordification.com/tech/seats.htm
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

And of course, there is always the Brand x full size, '88-'98 range.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

This is on my 67... but the floor is the same as a Slick.

https://sites.google.com/site/madmaxetc ... at-install
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread