Automatic brake pedal for a 66

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

66camperspecial

Automatic brake pedal for a 66

Post by 66camperspecial »

Since I was getting rid of the lokar floor shifter and going with a automatic steering column the non working clutch pedal had to go,was thinking about taking the pedal off my 78 parts truck but remembered I had one left over from a 64 galaxie I had over 20 years ago and it fit like it was made for the truck. Now with the automatic steering column it will have a more appropriate wide brake pedal.
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Re: Automatic brake pedal for a 66

Post by ezernut9mm »

Good to know.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

Were autos a blank shaft or shorter?
Chris
rbeck204
United States of America

Post by rbeck204 »

I used the brake pedal from the 73 F100 automatic donor truck. From the same truck, I also used the auto shift column, emergency flashers, 2 speed wiper motor (now intermittent), brake booster, PS box and pump, disk brakes and it now all resides in my 65 Crew Cab. All those goodies look like they were born there, and the larger brake pedal for the automatic is nice to have.
Rich
61 T Bird Convertible
1953 Ford Customline 2 door