ford steel wheels

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

bigmcgiv

ford steel wheels

Post by bigmcgiv »

So im going with steel wheel on my project. Wanting to know if i can squeeze a bullet cap between the hub and wheel. Trying to keep it low buck. I would love a set of bottle caps. Im looking for options. Thanks
cars2cool

Re: ford steel wheels

Post by cars2cool »

The bottle cap hub caps are being reproduced, I'm sure somebody will chime in and tell you who has the best price on them.
'31 Model A pickup, '55 F100 Yblock w/fordamatic, '56 F100 6cyl. 3 spd. BBW my first pickup bought when I was 13 in 1974, '77 Lincoln Town Car with 64,000 original miles For Sale
bigmcgiv

Post by bigmcgiv »

Will a pop through bullet cap fit between the hub an wheel.
shocker998md

Post by shocker998md »

They will, my truck has them. I think I got them off ebay four years ago. When I swapped to disks in the front though they aren't fitting against the hub right though so I need to figure something out about that.

The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

There are spider caps for the 5 on 5.5 lug pattern available now. It's obviously a more expensive solution but might be worth a look.
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

The ''Bottle Cap'' hub caps are available from LMC trucks for $29.95 each in polished stainless.
Just checked my latest catalog to be sure. Do you have the ''innie'' wheel centers or the
''outie'' centers? These were made for the ''innie'' centered Ford truck wheels. I am not
aware if any were made for an ''outie'' style wheel. Never have seen any made for ''outies''
in the ''Bottle Cap'' style. TR