For once, I found a good deal

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

624WD

For once, I found a good deal

Post by 624WD »

It always seems that the good deal has been an elusive venture. Awhile ago I posted a question about needing a correct 4 spoke steering wheel for my 1962 4wd rebuild. I checked prices, checked Ebay, asked around and it seemed that the value for this steering wheel way exceeded my means. I bid on them but opted out when the price was too high.

But, today and for once, my luck changed and I closed on a deal - and through an obscure means of stumbling on a 62 Ford f100 I asked the owner, if by chance the truck that he was parting out and then crushing had a 4 spoke steering wheel.

He replied two weeks later and sent a picture, and alas it did.

I also got the turn signal switch that was working, the steering column wiring conduit tube thing and the 4 spoke steering wheel for less than $70.00 including shipping. It's not perfect, but with some PC7 or JB Weld it will be more than perfect for me.

This never happens to me. Maybe I should tell that to myself again: this never happens to me.... My truck may well look like crap, but my hands will be on the steering wheel and using the turn signal whether I need to turn or not. You will find me grinning from ear to ear and yelling out the window to everyone I know to check out the steering wheel I found.

Whooo hooo!!

Tom
Last edited by 624WD on February 26, 2015, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
therealjoeshmoe

Re: For once, I found a good deal

Post by therealjoeshmoe »

WANT YOUR MONEY BACK?? :lol:
Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!

Image Image Image Image
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

That is great to hear. Let us know if you need parts for your set up, you never know what someone bought by mistake when they were starting out. :|
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

awesome score!! be sure and post up pics..