I am going to rethink about the 460 thats in my 66

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

66camperspecial

Re: I am going to rethink about the 460 thats in my 66

Post by 66camperspecial »

I think my 460 has a straight up timing set since it would run circles around another same year 460 I had a couple years ago,the motor had been rebuilt and the PO of the motor installed a Edelbrock performer intake and carb and I dropped in a Duraspark ignition when I installed it in the 66 to get rid of the Mallory unilite that would just shut off when the 460 was still in the donor truck. Did manage to get the Cleveland running tonight on 7 cylinders,heard some noise under the pass valve cover so I think it might have a stuck valve and will look into it tomorrow night,if I get it running on all 8 I will keep it for a car project and if and when I do replace the 460 will go with a 351-W. I am going to drive the 66 on a trip empty in a couple weeks so I can tell what it does with no load,I got thinking that the fully loaded 95 I drug home probably weighed more then the 66 so 8 or 9 miles a gallon is probably normal being loaded down.