name that part!!

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

rooster91
United States of America

name that part!!

Post by rooster91 »

it connects the clutch push rod to the clutch pedal assembly

and where might i come about finding one i did the 5 speed swap but im not happy with how the master cylinder bolts up and i think it discourages the swap because well it looks like crap so going to swithch to
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wilwood-Remote- ... d9&vxp=mtr

and tie into my orignal clutch linkage make it look factory
If it wears make up or has wheels and a motor i want to play with it!
64 f100

Re: name that part!!

Post by 64 f100 »

Other than being badly worn, and appears that it has separated at the spot welds why don't you fix it. Not rocket science to braze the hole up and drill a hole in it, and weld the two pieces back together. Done several of the holes with brazing and also have gotten a larger bushing from some place like home depot and just drilled the hole bigger, to use the larger bushing. I have also brazed the clutch linkage rod where worn and rounded it with a file. If not satisfied with that new rods are available from Dennis Carpenter for the most standard size. Not all are the same length, such as 4x4, etc.. Amazing how much easier the clutch assembly works with new bushings and everything repaired. As to clutch master cylinder , Ford used a hydraulic master and slave on some of the bigger trucks, which can be adapted to fit our trucks. Master cylinder is the same size as the original brake cylinder, or at least very close to the same size and mounts right next to the brake master cylinder. I have two new sets of master and slave for this setup, but have only used one once before on an 80 model Ford van. Made the clutch so much nicer to operate. Haven't tried it on any of my slicks but haven't had the need , as I have rebuilt mine with good success.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

You can order hydraulic clutch parts for 1960 and earlier f100 and above that bolt right into the fire wall,
I shaved that part which is welded on a 61 pedal and relocated the the hole on the pedal shaft to mimic the brake set up.
You will need the adjustable cam mounting screw for the actuator rod, and I would use the original hydraulic clutch line .
Finding a 1960 or earlier f100 truck in a salvage yard would be ideal... remember to get everything from clutch fork to clutch pedal would make it an easy install and look correct
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

This is the setup I have but both the clutch and slave are new. I don't have the rest of it, which is unfortunate but not insurmountable.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus