merc slicks

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

yellodog
United States of America

merc slicks

Post by yellodog »

how rare are the merc slicks? how much price difference for a comparable ford and merc?
36truck
United States of America

Re: merc slicks

Post by 36truck »

Mercs are not real common in the states, Canada sees a lot more as that is where they were sold. I would say add at least a grand on to what a Ford is worth. Some others on here can help with the value better.
Are you looking for one? I have a 66 M100 for sale.
Tom Williams
The Big M
Canada

Re: merc slicks

Post by The Big M »

It's actually tough to say, as the perceived increase in value seems to depend on location. I recently saw two fairly comparable shortbox unibodies, one Ford with a 292 and one Merc with a 223, listed for the exact same price in two different provinces. Both were very complete.

I don't think I paid a premium for mine although that was many years ago now, and it was and is a basket case. I also had a friend save some Merc trim and emblems from a truck destined for the crusher for next to nothing. On the other side of the coin I've seen outrageous asking prices from people who are convinced anything with a Merc badge is gold regardless of condition.

Production numbers of Canadian-built trucks are bound to be less than their US counterparts in general, so if follows that the Mercury trucks would be rare in comparison.