Carpeting for a '65??

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

yellodog
United States of America

Re: Carpeting for a '65??

Post by yellodog »

A1 auto sells a moulded carpet that covers the whole floor, and is available in a variety of colors for $151.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

if i had a rug in my truck i would have to be careful with my feet being dirty.
never going to happen.
the rubber floor i have is easily cleaned.

:2cents:
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
truckster

Post by truckster »

ICEMAN6166 wrote:if i had a rug in my truck i would have to be careful with my feet being dirty.
never going to happen.
the rubber floor i have is easily cleaned.

:2cents:

I've always been the same. I like the idea of carpet for the aesthetics and sound deadening (to whatever level if deadening it might serve) but I drive mine and I don't try to keep it pertty if that makes sense. Although, I guess I could say the same with my daily drivers too. I've never really kept an immucalately clean ride no matte rhwat i'm driving at the time.

I'm sure one day I'll put carpet in. The unfortunate thing is the only colors that would ook right in my truck is white (yeah, right!) and baby blue. both colors would be black in a month, haha
William-in-St George

Post by William-in-St George »

I bought a nice carpet from stock interiors a while back and it covered the area under the seat. It would have covered the area where the tank is as well, if I had removed the tank. I had a carpet guy remove the excess at the rear and sew a bias there and at the top (firewall end). Looks nice and is faded pretty bad from the antifreeze spill last winter. I used dumpster interior carpet underlay on the firewall and under the stock interior carpet in the area under the seat. I also used a bunch of that bubble wrap/tinfoil insulation from Home Depot and glued everything down with 3M upholstery glue. Works great and did not cost a fortune. My do over would be a rubber floor mat with household underlay under the seat. IMHO!
William-in-St. George
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

the mat i bought, long time ago but it did not go under the seat. neither did the one in my 65 towtruck, think i may have got that one from Tom.
cant remember if the wifes 66 was under the seat or not.

there are 4 different patterns
for the 65-66 theres no hump or high hump
for the early 2wd trucks theres also the same variety
4x4 and f350 etc. can use the high hump version of these but the steering column hole does not line up.
thats the one im using.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton