'64 F100 horn button ???

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

hayman68
Canada

'64 F100 horn button ???

Post by hayman68 »

Trying to get this truck on the road but it needs a working horn. All those parts were missing on the steering wheel. What exactly do i need as there seems to be different versions with just a round button and some with the half chrome ring thing. I just need it working to pass an inspection.

I bought a steering wheel from a local place but they didn't have any horn button parts so I said order them amoung a couple other things for the truck. Well after 2 months they tell me yeah the stuff is coming but but there was no stock on the horn button assembely which I believe is this one here fron Dennis Carpeter's http://dennis-carpenter.com/horn-button ... -13A805-C/

Where else can a person get these parts online or where ever?? LIke I said I have a new steering wheel , and found what looks like the horn spring in the glove box which I belive goes under the button but nothing else.
Last edited by hayman68 on May 6, 2015, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rbeck204
United States of America

Re: '64 F100 horn button ???

Post by rbeck204 »

Call Robert Mitchell at 916-202-3649, or Tom Placer at 336-213-3826. One of them surely has the parts you need.
Rich
61 T Bird Convertible
1953 Ford Customline 2 door
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Re: '64 F100 horn button ???

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

hayman68 wrote:What exactly do i need as there seems to be different versions with just a round button and some with the half chrome ring thing.

the button and the ring serve the same purpose, custom cabs got the ring
you need one of those, a spring to hold the ring or button on they too are the same for many years
horn contact - copper wire bit over an inch long with spring around it and ends soldered on
horn relay- on the fenderwell 3 pronged relay with 2 yellow wire and one blue connected
working horn, horns can be tested by using a test lead from the tab on the horn to the + of the battery. need to ground the horn (need a extra lead)if off the truck
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton