Crown Vic swap without lowering as much?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

BESmithEnt

Crown Vic swap without lowering as much?

Post by BESmithEnt »

I've been checking out tons of info on the Crown Vic front suspension swap and like everything about it but the amount of lowering. Is there a way to do this swap without going so low? Only thing I have found looks a little spooky to me. Don't mind going down a little, but I want my '64 short wide to still look like a truck. Sorry if this has been beat to death.
unibody madness
United States of America

Re: Crown Vic swap without lowering as much?

Post by unibody madness »

instead of aligning the crown vic crossmember with the bottom of the frame, align it with the top of the frame. Should give you a few more inches in ride height.
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
BESmithEnt

Post by BESmithEnt »

So if I understand you correctly, the Crown Vic needs a spacer because it is wider than the existing frame. So putting the spacers at the bottom instead of the top should make some difference. Is that correct? If so, can anyone give me some idea of how much that will lower the truck. Seems like I could use a little body lift too if that is the case, but I really don't want it to look really unnatural. (Pretty sure that sounds ridiculous since I want to change the suspension, but please work with me here.)
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

I was thinking that I heard the easiest way to mount the VIC front end on the frame only lowered the truck 1-2 inches?