The 'TURK' rides again.

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

unibody madness
United States of America

The 'TURK' rides again.

Post by unibody madness »

Spent the day doing what I love best.
First off I replaced the double pulley damper on the 292 in the Turk.(Thanks Brian for the heads up).
Fired it up and ran her down to fill the tank. She ran great. Finally! Thanks to all who have helped
Got home and pulled all the tools wires ect out of the cab and did a quickie on the interior. I think I will take her to work in the A.M.
Then I spent some time on the lwb 460 (also known as the Boise Pain).I took the license plate out of the rear window and put it on the rear cross member where it belongs. Drilled, ground, and cussed, while taking the license plate light out to refurbish it and put in a new bulb.
I got to thinking that I have had her close to nine years, and I have not put a thousand miles on it since getting her home. Now that I am close to retiring I am going to have get serious about selling her, or spend some time on her doing what I love best!
Two down two to go.
John
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
William-in-St George

Re: The 'TURK' rides again.

Post by William-in-St George »

Good job John. I tried retirement and it sucks! Started a small business and that has really helped and it pays for a small shop. BTDT!
William-in-St. George
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

John, always glad to help any way possible

after having worked for myself for almost 25 years now for someone else its a bit different
i will admit though that now i dont need to find things to do as they pile up while im at work and take the rest of my time to catch up
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
rbeck204
United States of America

Post by rbeck204 »

Good job John. Slow and steady pays off.
Rich
61 T Bird Convertible
1953 Ford Customline 2 door