wind shild wiper problem

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

pcola60
United States of America

wind shild wiper problem

Post by pcola60 »

Wind shied wipers. OK guys what am I doing WRONG ? I'm putting my 62 Uni together . My wiper ( 2 speed ) motor runs clockwise seems to be the wrong way. Motor wants the park position with the blades up. If I install the blades down at the bottom of the glass the motor turns them into the hood. Is this a timing problem or should I take the arm on the motor off and install it at 180 position ? I've got to read up on how to post photos so you guy could check it out. I'm into it 6 years and am about ready to do some cruises . Did a 100 mile trip yesterday all's well ran the interstate at 70- 75 ran great.
Leeroy
Australia

Re: wind shild wiper problem

Post by Leeroy »

Sounds like you've got the RHD wiper motor I need!! :oops: Send me yours and I'll send you back my LHD model. :lol: :lol:

Sorry I can't help with the fix, but I'm watching with interest because I have a full wiper overhaul to do!
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

Two things I could think of is that you have the pivot arms set up upside down, but I am not sure there would be clearance to do this. The arms at the wiper pivots should be oriented towards the floor. The other is that somehow the arm on the motor is 180 degrees off.
pcola60
United States of America

Cruisn the coast in Ms.

Post by pcola60 »

Anyone going ? Would to meet any Slicker there this year.
pcola60
United States of America

Post by pcola60 »

Thanks. I'll try to rotate the arm on the motor. Though someone might have had this kind of problem before. anyone going to Cruisin the Coast ?
jkimbrel65
United States of America

Post by jkimbrel65 »

Is your switch grounded? Seems I had a similar problem some years ago and the switch had a bad ground.

mike
I tried being normal once...
was the worst 10 minutes of my life
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

If, I remember right, there was a problem with the plastic gears on some model Ford wipers. Used to see the repair gears show up on Evilbay from time to time. Usually this was in regards to the parking of the wipers, but may be causing other problems also.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Yep; probably be there for the week,maybe catch Pasca cruise. I'll get back to you as it gets closer.
Paul
Copied to Events
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
pcola60
United States of America

Post by pcola60 »

Got it fixed. I had the truck parked nose first in the garage. I pulled it out and backed it in . I was 180 out now the wipers work with the truck 180 from before the wipers work. Well not so , after two hours of removing the wiper motor and relocating the arm on the motor 180 and reinstalling the motor I now have the wipers working.