Coldmaster Ac

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

William-in-St George

Coldmaster Ac

Post by William-in-St George »

Anyone bought the ebay universal AC from this vendor? His kits seem complete and at just over 500 bucks seem like a reasonable deal. I priced out an Old Air setup and it came in at nearly 900 bucks for the same or similiar stuff. The Old Air under dash unit looked better but this is a driver and function over looks prevails. Thanks.
William-in-St. George
jeepbut
United States of America

Re: Coldmaster Ac

Post by jeepbut »

Check with Lucky's Rod Shop, Ennis, Texas before you buy. I know two people who have their hang on under dash unit and are well satisfied. Should be 4-5 hundred. Thanks, Lyman.
Leeroy
Australia

Re: Coldmaster Ac

Post by Leeroy »

Whilst not that vendor, I have used that type of evaporator in a slick before. There are a few different models, 2 vent, 4 vent or hidden with just the round holes out the front. I think its made by a chinese/thai company called formula King or my one was branded something like that.

I wanted the vintage air mark IV but like most of these hang on evaporators, the mark IV stuck WAY out from under the dash and because of the dash angle toward the floor, they are angled upwards a fair bit once mounted.
I went with the 2 vent model like what that vendor sells (same brand) solely because it was the shortest between the vents and the fan motor. It was DAMN cold! I thought the small unit would be just adequate to cool the cab, but it really pumped out the cold air. I liked it so much I went with the hidden version for slick #2 and will just have the vents poking out under the dash.
I did have a large twin electric fan setup behind the radiator to pull plenty of air through the condenser and radiator which will make a big difference on performance.

Which ever model you choose, measure how much space between the firewall and how far your happy with it sticking out. This will be the determining factor of which one you purchase.
The one below was 10.5" from memory.