Reinstalling my gas tank

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

64 f100

Reinstalling my gas tank

Post by 64 f100 »

Floor are done although I did not paint the floors but brushed on chassis saver. Didn't want to spray the stuff, afraid of getting it everywhere and not ready to paint interior. Still have to go underneath, grind off dog knots, seam seal and brush on chassis saver. Not looking forward to that. Trying to get the truck together so I can drive it. Took the radiator support off and dismantled it, as it still had the upper and lower valances on and the grill. Hopefully, I will be painting the right fender, valances , support, inner door panels, and right inner fender this week. and installing those as soon as possible. Still have to repair all the clutch linkage and install new bushings . I tore the new rag joint while jacking the cab up to do repairs, so that has to be replaced again. Will also have to adjust the steering column to line up with the steering box since the cab stance has changed.
Installed the gas tank yesterday, note to self remove gas before messing with tank next time. It had about a half a tank full, which I removed by myself and installed by myself. Lost maybe a half cup of gas, but bad decision to do it that way, even though I had covered all holes with duct tape. ;The aftermarket seat that came with the truck is in fair shape but need to be cleaned before reinstalling. I would have to horse it over some stuff to get it out of the garage and into my truck and bring it home. Heavier than an original seat and actually very comfortable. Not a fan of the style, but it's what came in the truck when I bought it. Once repaired the clutch linkage will go in next , a lot easier with the fenders off and seat out. Still have to put some seam sealer on the inside of the cab floor then it will be ready for more finishing touches like the floor mat. The mat is torn in many places and covered in oil and dirt. My guess is the last owner, that used the truck, worked in the oil field. I will clean it and try repairing it with superglue. May do that after putting it back in.

Rich
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Re: Reinstalling my gas tank

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Rich.
x2 on the gas
just got done putting my tank back after adding the unibed and replacing one of the tank brackets
painted back behind the tank and the step the tank sits on mainly because i welded on the bed and burned off the paint under the window
pumped out 8 gallons before i took it out, still had maybe 5 in it also by myself and spilled a bit, not much but its a lot easier if you drain the whole thing dry

need to get it back on the road and do the rest of the work as i can
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton