Four Link

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Dakota Kids

Four Link

Post by Dakota Kids »

I was wondering if anyone has come across a reasonably price four link kit for a 63. I see some kits on e-bay. I just wanted to know if anyone has gone this route. I don't want to drop $1200 on a kit from one of the big guys. I want to find something with a low cost or I will have to stick with leaf springs. I have my "new" 9 inch housing all cleaned up and ready to accept its new mounting hardware. If I go the four link route... I have been on the fence on this one. I need a devils advocate.
If you ask me anything I don’t know, I’m not going to answer.
Yogi Berra
charliemccraney

Re: Four Link

Post by charliemccraney »

What are you trying to accomplish?
Lawrenceville, Ga
1961 F100 Unibody
318 Y-block (292 +.070 bore, +.170 stroke), FMS T5-Z w/Mustang 10.5" diaphragm clutch.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

I think Kenny`s Castruck has 4 link rear.....
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Dakota Kids

Post by Dakota Kids »

I have a Camero front clip in the truck now. (Inherited Project) It had a 455 Olds engine and a 10 bolt rear end. I sold the 455 and my 351c is going in. Now its time to 86 the 10 bolt. I picked up a Currie 3rd Member (Via Craigslist) and I picked up a 52" 9" Housing (Via my Buddies Junk Pile). I am now feeling what is know as the snowball affect as I look at a pile of parts and a empty wallet. My 351c should make around 450hp. By the time I replace perches and shock mounts I'm thinking why not 86 the leaf springs and use the four link to lower the rear. I guess I already know I want the four link but its nice to get some opinions from you guys.
Yogi Berra
Dakota Kids

Post by Dakota Kids »

Yogi Berra
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

I bought a triangulated 4 bar kit for a '34 Ford frame from Speedway Motors. After a little more thought, I'm extending the 2 short tubes and making it a parallel 4 bar. I'm only having to extend bars because I've changed my mind.

I'll have to add a panhard bar since it's not going to be triangulated any more.

I would recommend looking at the Speedway kit for a '32 - '34 Ford. It has the axle brackets with coilover mounts, bars, ends and all you will have to make are the frame mounts.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway- ... 36433.html

Way cheap, the tubes are heavy wall and direct tapped and I think you could even make the frame brackets work. They also sell a bolt in panhard bar and all you would have to do is make the frame mount.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Bolt-On-P ... ,2208.html

Look at these bolts for the coilover mounts.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Long-Coil ... 00240.html

Just a thought.

SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
Dakota Kids

Post by Dakota Kids »

I like it enough fabricating to keep it fun and most everything I need. Thanks for coming thru for me.
Yogi Berra