Dennis Carpenter, Carolina Classics, Mac's, or?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ridealong34

Dennis Carpenter, Carolina Classics, Mac's, or?

Post by ridealong34 »

I need to order a few parts tomorrow or Wednesday. Which supplier would most likely have the following in stock with decent shipping: Custom Cab windshield gasket, red driver's door arm rest, red plastic door panels, and a 65 wiring diagram? I have used Mac's in the past. Are the other guys any better?

Thanks for your time, Jason
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Re: Dennis Carpenter, Carolina Classics, Mac's, or?

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

www.flashbackf100s.com

Tom is a member and really knows these trucks
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

I recently bought a set of plastic door inserts that are more like the originals than anything I had found before. Although, I have not installed these, the quality seems very good and it was a little known supplier that makes these. I can't supply a name or contact information at the moment, but I will try and find the panels and see if I saved the info with those. As to rubber and shipping, Dennis Carpenter is most likely the cheapest shipping as they have a set rate. Suggest you buy several things to get the most from the shipping.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
Dakota Kids

Post by Dakota Kids »

Tom is great to deal with. Dennis Carpenter has the original Ford Tooling with great "new" parts.
If you ask me anything I don’t know, I’m not going to answer.
Yogi Berra
ridealong34

Post by ridealong34 »

Thanks for the replies. I ordered from Dennis Carpenter this morning. Their tech guy was helpful and I liked their fixed rate shipping. I got a tracking number and my parts are supposed to arrive this Thursday.
RonMele

Post by RonMele »

I'm just gonna add a little caution here.... I found myself ordering parts I didn't need or that didn't work. Dennis Carpenter's return guy always seemed like it was a PITA for you to call and return stuff. At Mac's it was a much friendlier exchange. I found that I had to return a number of parts to DC because they simply weren't right. Mac's has the option now for many of their parts where you can use the OEM part number to search for your part. Also, ensure you really NEED something before ordering it...just because the catalog says it's for your truck...double check by looking at the Ford Parts Illustration and then the Description catalogs. Have fun with your project.