Calif '64 292; PCV system parts question

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

BarnieTrk

Calif '64 292; PCV system parts question

Post by BarnieTrk »

Hi Fellas,

I was looking at an illustration (Section 66.3) depicting the PCV system for a California 1964 292 V8.

It indicates a canister-looking fitting located on the intake valley plate next to the distributor (?). It seems to be attached with a center bolt/screw through the top.

Does anyone know the function of the canister with a side arm port (part #6A665)?

I'm guessing it is a small canister containing an oil coalescer utilizing a mesh screen-type baffle inside. Would that be a correct description?

Thanks in advance for any & all descriptions/explanations of this canister/adapter/fitting...

BarnieTrk 8)
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Re: Calif '64 292; PCV system parts question

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

in reality it is nothing more than a cover with a rubber hose attached going to the pcv valve in the intake
the cover (canister) in back and the hose and pvc replaced the road draft tube , which was atached by that same single screw thru the center.

basically. ford cut the long tube off the canister added a hose and pcv and early emission control was born
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
BarnieTrk

Post by BarnieTrk »

Thanks, Brian, for the explanation. :cheers:

BarnieTrk :steering:
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

I don't think any of these were actually done by Ford, they were after the fact adaptations. I've seen numerous mods including the one I had where they cut up the air cleaner on a '57 Tbird. There was a short period of time where they insisted on having the PCV system, before they exempted cars/trucks of a certain age and older.